Contribute
Register

10.12 Nvidia Pascal Web Driver disaster reloaded under 10.13 High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
get with it Nvidia! beta has been out forever, I'm sure your drivers area already done, release it!

For **** and giggles I got onto Nvidia chat.

Basically they said it takes 24-48 hrs for Apple to approve the drivers by Nvidia. Then I pressed chat if they knew when they were going to be released, they said no. Then I asked can you confirm they have or are being developed, and they said they have no idea.

Point is, chat support have no idea about anything Web Drivers.

I installed High Sierra from scratch on a 2009 Mac pro flashed to 5.1 with the 2010's network card. I have a EVGA 960 4GB I installed the newly released nvidia web driver and rebooting puts me into a crash cycle. I then did a clean install of High Sierra with no other software installed and tried again and it entered the same reboot crash cycle.

Last edited:
Black screen after installing new High Sierra NVIDIA driver and applying AGDP fix on new install of High Sierra. I have also installed LILU and NvidiaGraphicsFixup. My card is GTX 970. iMac 17.1. The system seems to hand over to the Nvidia card, and monitor shows a signal is being received, but screen is black. With the black screen problem in Sierra, the monitor screen was black but this was because no signal was being received. This is a different problem.
Any suggestions will be welcome.

applying AGDP fix on new install of High Sierra. I have also installed LILU and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

You probably don't need that, just install the new driver.

Great news! I'll be getting myself a 1080 or possibly a 1080ti on Black Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back