Contribute
Register

10.12 Nvidia Pascal Web Driver disaster reloaded under 10.13 High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black screen after installing new High Sierra NVIDIA driver and applying AGDP fix on new install of High Sierra. I have also installed LILU and NvidiaGraphicsFixup. My card is GTX 970. iMac 17.1. The system seems to hand over to the Nvidia card, and monitor shows a signal is being received, but screen is black. With the black screen problem in Sierra, the monitor screen was black but this was because no signal was being received. This is a different problem.
Any suggestions will be welcome.

I have the same issue after installing the high sierra web driver and cuda. If I physically disconnect the nvidia 1080ti graphics, the machine boots up with the -disablegfxfirmware arg.

When I have the nvidia 1080ti card plugged in, the machine boots up into a black screen.

I did the same thing, forgetting to check for a 10.13 web driver. I have not restarted my MacPro since then and still shows 12.12.6. I just downloaded the new web driver for 10.13 and it says it can't complete the installation because it needs 10.13 so the dilemma is: Will High Sierra open and drive the display well enough to be able to install the new driver or will I just get a black screen?

Guys I just manage to install my High Sierra for second time , at first time more earlier I installed web drivers and when I booted the system , I came with a black screen and my monitor trying to find a signal. I have a GTX 1060 6gb g1 gaming, I using HDMI output. I not installed the web drivers yet in my second install, anyone can helps me ? I will try install web drivers again but I am afraid to happens again. Every time that I install High Sierra a lose a tons of minutes, I and am with no systems installed in my Hard drive....

:thumbdown Very deceiving news my friends! :thumbdown

Just finished some extended chat with the Nvidia support hotline o_O

Apparently, the 10.12 Nvidia Pascal Web Driver disaster seems to find its continuation also under 10.13 High Sierra :cry:

The answer was quite clear. There is an ongoing dispute between Apple and Nvidia concerning contracts, rights and marketing policies... Currently he was not able to say if there will be 10.13 macOS High Sierra web driver support at all. At least there will not be any 10.13 Web Driver support in the near future! :banghead:

Ironically, the 10.12.6 Web Driver workaround for 10.13 supports OpenGL and Metal just for Kepler graphics cards. Pascal and Maxwell users have to live with at least proper screen resolution and basic video acceleration...

Nvidia Pascal, simply a never ending nightmare? :mad:

Anybody interested in writing or supporting a follow-up petition/request to Nvidia :?:

I just bought AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 for this reason.

I want to have a Hackintosh as compatible as possible.

Than to your guides X99/X299 is a possibility.

However, graphic cards in Apple are a nightmare.
Stick to one that works, and just forget these legal battles.
My understanding is that Nvidia tried to force Apple to pay a lot of royalties for their cards.
So Apply pretty much went 180 and just supports AMD and Intel. Nvidia bye bye.

So, being a lover of Apple hackintosh community since 2012, I decided it's time to ditch NVDA and go for AMD.

I hope I can have a working computer today.
If not, I'll plug Nvidia again

I have GTX 780 Ti and GTX 1080 Ti, hope to put them on sale soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back