Contribute
Register

10.10 Eurocom Panther 5SE build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Thanks again...im downloading them now to try it out

tried 3 different versions, getting error messages stating that my machine doesn't support it

tried 3 different versions, getting error messages stating that my machine doesn't support it

Probably has to do with SMBIOS choice.

That fixed the installation issue...but with the latest web driver I get a black screen. I take it that its not connecting? DSDT fix? Im pretty much shooting in the dark right now with a little guidance. Luckily, no reinstall needed and clover is super stable

That fixed the installation issue...but with the latest web driver I get a black screen. I take it that its not connecting? DSDT fix? Im pretty much shooting in the dark right now with a little guidance. Luckily, no reinstall needed and clover is super stable

Did you try an external monitor? Often, you need special injections for laptop displays...

What SMBIOS are you using now? If it's a newer Mac model that has AMD graphics (MacPro6,1, iMac15,1), you will need to edit AppleGraphicsControl.kext's Info.plist.

I changed the SMBios to MacPro 5.1 and haven't really had a chance to work on the project over the weekend. I intend to dive back into it tomorrow and figure out how to inject to the display because it loads the kext and doesn't give a KP, so I assume that it should cooperate. I tried the external display, but since it is a DVI-D link it didn't project any signal. Its frustrating, but that's how it goes. Basically, if I can get the GPU/CPU issues under control I will move on to the sound and such. Its a project, but I won't giving up on this as I feel it will be a great performing machine once its done and I will be posting full install instructions as well

I changed the SMBios to MacPro 5.1 and haven't really had a chance to work on the project over the weekend. I intend to dive back into it tomorrow and figure out how to inject to the display because it loads the kext and doesn't give a KP, so I assume that it should cooperate. I tried the external display, but since it is a DVI-D link it didn't project any signal. Its frustrating, but that's how it goes. Basically, if I can get the GPU/CPU issues under control I will move on to the sound and such. Its a project, but I won't giving up on this as I feel it will be a great performing machine once its done and I will be posting full install instructions as well

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back