Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So...my current project is a nightmare and I have hit a wall with it.
The specs are as follows:

Clevo P570WM Mobo
Intel X79 chipset
Xeon E5-2650 2011 x2 Processors
32GB DDR3L 1866 Corsair Vengeance Ram
1TB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid SSHD
1TB Hitachi Travelstar HHD x2
GeForce GTX 670mx x2 GPU
SoundBlaster X-FI MB3 (alc892 I believe)
Intel e1000 GE
Intel Wireless LAN 802.11B/G/N + Bluetooth v4.0+LE Combo Half Mini Card module (unsupported I believe)

I know there are huge obstacles with this, but, I have managed to install 10.9.2 with Unibeast and the results were not the greatest as I had no QE/CI (GPU labeled as Nvidia type3), no sound, and the CPUs weren't identified either. I have swapped the mach_kernel with the "patched E5 V2" one, tried multibeast no-DSDT/easybeast both with no dice. I figure that since 10.10 has greater support and from my understanding, the latest MacPro has E5-v2 compatability, that this might be doable. I haven't extracted a DSDT yet, but I plan to do so through a linux distro. I am an IT by trade, with emphasis on security, so I am pretty tech savy. I've experimented with multiple hack builds in the past, but this one is pretty brutal. Any insight I can get from the community would be greatly appreciated. Rehabman, your previous support for my Lenovo W530 was stellar and proved to be a solid system (minus wifi), but I decided to run win10 on it recently.

I am ready to build this and intend to post a vanilla DSDT as soon as I can. 10.10 is being downloaded at the moment, have latest Clover and UniBeast....now I just need some help.

Lets build this mobile MacPro!
Thanks in advance!!!

So...my current project is a nightmare and I have hit a wall with it.
The specs are as follows:

Clevo P570WM Mobo
Intel X79 chipset
Xeon E5-2650 2011 x2 Processors
32GB DDR3L 1866 Corsair Vengeance Ram
1TB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid SSHD
1TB Hitachi Travelstar HHD x2
GeForce GTX 670mx x2 GPU
SoundBlaster X-FI MB3 (alc892 I believe)
Intel e1000 GE
Intel Wireless LAN 802.11B/G/N + Bluetooth v4.0+LE Combo Half Mini Card module (unsupported I believe)

I know there are huge obstacles with this, but, I have managed to install 10.9.2 with Unibeast and the results were not the greatest as I had no QE/CI (GPU labeled as Nvidia type3), no sound, and the CPUs weren't identified either. I have swapped the mach_kernel with the "patched E5 V2" one, tried multibeast no-DSDT/easybeast both with no dice. I figure that since 10.10 has greater support and from my understanding, the latest MacPro has E5-v2 compatability, that this might be doable. I haven't extracted a DSDT yet, but I plan to do so through a linux distro. I am an IT by trade, with emphasis on security, so I am pretty tech savy. I've experimented with multiple hack builds in the past, but this one is pretty brutal. Any insight I can get from the community would be greatly appreciated. Rehabman, your previous support for my Lenovo W530 was stellar and proved to be a solid system (minus wifi), but I decided to run win10 on it recently.

I am ready to build this and intend to post a vanilla DSDT as soon as I can. 10.10 is being downloaded at the moment, have latest Clover and UniBeast....now I just need some help.

Lets build this mobile MacPro!
Thanks in advance!!!

Looks like a challenge. I'd stick with Clover so you can take advantage of hot patching for kexts/kernel/etc.

Clover has always given me trouble in the past, but I am willing to go that direction again as I have installed 10.9.2 around 7 times in the past few days...nearly rage quit.

Any suggestions on Clover configs?

I did patch the bios with the latest from PremaMod and have pretty much the absolute most control over the hardware that can be had. I literally disabled all PCIe slots and any speedstep/turbo options, as well as VT-d. Boot flags for Clover would also be a huge help as well.

Thanks

Clover has always given me trouble in the past, but I am willing to go that direction again as I have installed 10.9.2 around 7 times in the past few days...nearly rage quit.

Any suggestions on Clover configs?

Use the Clover guide here as a start. You will need to modify for HaswellE and Nvidia, of course.

Thanks, Im reading over that right now and it seems pretty much straight forward for 10.10...but...I have been wrong before

Thanks, Im reading over that right now and it seems pretty much straight forward for 10.10...but...I have been wrong before

It is fairly easy for normal hardware.

Your battle will be X79/dual Nvidia/dual CPU issues. I'm assuming your Nvidia hardware is dedicated.

You should probably do some research on similar desktop hardware as the challenges may be similar (but worse due to additional laptop complications).

Yeah, the E5-2650 v2 doesn't have integrated graphics, so I have to go with dedicated. Its a strong machine with a linux distro, but I would assume it would be a monster with OS X

Yeah, the E5-2650 v2 doesn't have integrated graphics, so I have to go with dedicated. Its a strong machine with a linux distro, but I would assume it would be a monster with OS X

Yes... a "monster" that will consume all your spare time making it work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back