Contribute
Register

10.10 Eurocom Panther 5SE build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update:

Created Clover install USB, added the nvidia .plist and applicable kexts to the corresponding folder according to the guide.
Booted into the UEFI Clover screen...now I am just sorting through flags to find the magic combination.

Based on my hardware...any suggested flag combos that you know of?

Just an update:

Created Clover install USB, added the nvidia .plist and applicable kexts to the corresponding folder according to the guide.
Booted into the UEFI Clover screen...now I am just sorting through flags to find the magic combination.

Based on my hardware...any suggested flag combos that you know of?

Booting with nv_disable=1 will take Nvidia graphics drivers out of the equation so you can focus on other issues first.

Yeah, I went with that one

Edit: my GPU's are actually GTX870m, I forgot that I added that option in

I made it to the install screen using: cpus=1 npci=0x2000 -v nv_disable=1

No usb mouse, keyboard or touchpad though....so I have to figure that one out

alright, so I installed the your compiled ps2controller and fakesmc kexts to the "other" folder, but I still have no keyboard or mouse. Any ideas why that is? With the mavericks installer I always had both with no problems, so it has to be something with clover I would assume. A usb mouse is the same issue

alright, so I installed the your compiled ps2controller and fakesmc kexts to the "other" folder, but I still have no keyboard or mouse. Any ideas why that is? With the mavericks installer I always had both with no problems, so it has to be something with clover I would assume. A usb mouse is the same issue

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Im thinking that yosemite just didnt like my hardware because I built another clover usb with mavericks and it is going stellar now. Im waiting on the installer to complete to decide what steps to move on to. I am just going to assume that gpu, cpu, sound and wlan will be a thorn, but I enjoy a challenge.

Question: is there a way to extract a raw DSDT from OSX?

Thats pretty amazing! I am going to follow that guide, extract the ACPI files and basically try to patch the DSDT to see about getting everything to cooperate. Thanks again for the support! Hopefully I can get it to recognize the xeon's and 870's

Success!!! It recognizes both GTX870's and the Xeon E5 (cpus=1 on first boot), now to install clover to the HHD and perform a test run without nv_disable=1 and cpus=1 to see what happens

Im going to extract the ACPI files prior to the first run. Pretty much I will be waiting to run MulitBeast until I see what the vanilla run looks like

Alright,
So...I am not sure what options to go with in MultiBeast, but I would assume its best to start with a working DSDT...I am completely greek on that department. I attached the clover dump for you to review at your leisure and was hoping you could point me in the right direction. It is booting very stable, but I haven't made any changes as far as MultiBeast or kexts go. I intend to research GPU support as they are both recognized as well as the CPUs. Would you recommend using the intel E5 v2 kernel in place of the vanilla mach_kernel? I would just rename the E5 and add it to the root directory in case I get a KP though. What do you think?View attachment DSDT_SSDT_Raw.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back