Contribute
Register

10.10.5 Unknown update problem, please help! - ASUS Sabertooth mk2 - i7 4790k - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mk2
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
10.10.5 Unknown update problem (video inside), please help! - ASUS Z97 Sabertooth mk2 - i7 4790k - HD4600

Hi everyone!

I tried to update yesterday from 10.10.3 to 10.10.5 via de app store, and while the update did work, it left me now unable to boot to the OS.

I am using:

Multibeast - Chimera
ASUS Sabertooth z97 mk2
i7 4790k
HD4600

The problem looks like this when booting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04PmYAlK6hc

It appears to be a graphics issue (?), but I don't really know.

I am able to boot in safe mode (-x) to the OS, and the system shows that my OS version is 10.10.5.

I tried booting with -v to see if I could check what the problem is, but it glitches in the same fashion than with the grey apple screen, making it unable to read the text.

After some browsing I read that installing the bootloader (Multibeast - Chimera) again might work, so I tried it, but I forgot that for the asus motherboards you had to tweak your EFI partition to be recognized as bootable, and I don't remember how it was done at this moment, so I am using my USB to boot atm.

So if anyone could help me out here it would help me out a ton, as I am fairly new to hackintosh, bootflags, kexts, and whatnot, and don't quite understand all of it just yet. But I learn quickly!

Thank you for reading :)

Last edited:
If this is graphic problem, I think maybe you should try nv-disable=1 and then install the new Nvidia Web Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back