Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I got my Sierra install (via USB + Multibeast) working nicely on an SSD and decided to set up an additional mechanical drive I have for gaming on Windows 10. (hardware attached below)

I created a bootable Windows 10 USB drive using Rufus and Chameleon, made sure that the mechanical drive was the only one plugged in for installation. The Windows 10 installation appeared to be stable, no issues I could determine. However, when I plugged in all the other drives after a shut down and attempted to boot from the SSD into Sierra, I got the "Error loading kernel cache 0x7" message.

After unplugging the Windows 10 HDD, Sierra booted up normally. Is this an EFI partition issue? How do I get Windows 10 to behave so that I can boot to it from the Sierra Clover bootloader?

Please let me know if there are any log files I need to retrieve. Mods, I apologize if this is not in the appropriate forum.

Specs:
GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra motherboard
i7 6700K Skylake processor
Kingston v300 SSD for boot
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD (1x Windows 10, 1x NTFS storage, 1x HFS+ storage, considering making this a time machine backup)

See the pinned guide for multibooting on separate drives in the Installation->Multi Boot forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back