Contribute
Register

Zenbook UX31A Questions & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Rehabman, I've posted several threads in my HP Envy 14. Sorry, I can't send you the private mail for some reason. (I haven't reached 75 messages yet).

I again apologize writing on one of unrelated thread. :/

I probably saw them, but had nothing to add.

I see. Thanks so much anyways! :) Have a great one!!

Zenbook UX31A Questions & Issues

Hi again

So, I got clover running stable again! (apparently some power management kexts were not working properly)

I managed to patch my DSDT and load NullEthernet, but the App Store is still broken, with the same error. Any ideas?

iTunes works fine.

Thanks!

Hi again

So, I got clover running stable again! (apparently some power management kexts were not working properly)

I managed to patch my DSDT and load NullEthernet, but the App Store is still broken, with the same error. Any ideas?

iTunes works fine.

Thanks!

Did you follow all instructions for NullEthernet?

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

I believe so, here is what I did.

1. patch my DSDT using MaciASL
2. Install NullEthernet.kext using Kext Wizard
3. Rebuild system cache
4. Restart

Kext Wizard shows that NullEthernet is loaded.

I don't think you read the instructions.

I don't think you read the instructions.

Could you give me a pointer as to where I'm messing up, or any steps I'm missing?

Could you give me a pointer as to where I'm messing up, or any steps I'm missing?

The github README completely describes all the steps required. There is no reason for me to restate them.

Alright, thanks for the help. I got it working.

Hi RehabMan, Thanks for the quick reply!

Also, I went out and bought a TP-Link USB wireless adapter which works great with realtek drivers, for about $10. Did this because I still have warranty and I don't want to replace the chip already inside.

Turns out the the elantech drivers I wanted to test work quite well, having multi-touch support such as two finger scrolling and basic swiping.

- Person123

I'm interested in buying this ultrabook.
But...:

1) Does multi gesture of trackpad (expecially two finger scroll) work?

2) Does backlight on the keyboard work?

3) If i upgrade the ram, would mac os recognise it?

4) If i replace native wifi card with Atheros AR5B195 one, Does wifi work without usb adaptor?

Many thanks in advance

I really need multigesture working, if it is not, i don't think i'm gonna buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back