i5-4690K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone!

This is my very first post to go along with my very first build.

MBD: GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU: i5-4690K
GPU: GA GTX770
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D (it's beautiful)

Serves me right not doing a little bit of research to find out Apple doesn't yet support 9 series mbd. But I'm not even sure that's where my problem is coming from.

When I power the machine up, everything turns on: I hear the cooler fans spinning, the LEDs light up, etc. However nothing is showing up on my monitor! It still says "No Signal" and I'm worried it's just the HDMI port on my mbd that's toast.

I'm trying to follow the awesome and very detailed guides for working with 9 series mbd, but if I can't even get into BIOS then I'm kinda screwed.

Thanks for all of your help!

Try using the 770's graphics instead of the integrated and see what happens. Also if you are hooked
up to a TV monitor via HDMI instead of a PC monitor, sometimes that causes this problem.

What I usually do first with new hardware is boot a copy of Win7 Pro and see if all the hardware works properly.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/windows/132834-create-bootable-windows-7-pro-usb-installer-iso-image.html

I don't actually have access to a machine running Windows that I can create the boot copy. Is there anything else I can do or anything else that would cause this?

After you hit your power button are you tapping intermittently on the DEL key to get into the
bios ? Z97 boards boot very fast and it's easy to miss getting into the bios if you don't do
it just right. Also, I'm not sure where you have gotten to in the installation guide. Can you
be more specific on what you have done so far ?

I've tried several combinations/timings of hitting the DELETE key. Just to be clear, it's cool if I'm using an Apple Keyboard, right? Does it matter which USB port I plug it into because at this point I think I've tried every single one.

Also, I was using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html
And just prepped the UniBeast thumb drive before it got to the BIOS steps, and I couldn't reach the BIOS menu.

Wait... this wouldn't be because my PSU is only 550W, would it? I did a lot of research before buying that particular one.

I got it! Plugging the monitor into the GPU instead of the MBD should have been my first guess :p

Thank you for your help! So excited to get this thing running! :headbang:

I've tried several combinations/timings of hitting the DELETE key. Just to be clear, it's cool if I'm using an Apple Keyboard, right? Does it matter which USB port I plug it into because at this point I think I've tried every single one.

The PSU wattage is fine, shouldn't be a problem. You want to be using a wired USB keyboard
for the install. A bluetooth dongle plugged into USB 2 or 3 will probably not work. Try to use a
USB 2 port for the Unibeast drive if possible as well. They are just above the purple and green
PS2 connector on the back panel. Good luck and let us know how it goes !

I got it! Plugging the monitor into the GPU instead of the MBD should have been my first guess :p
Thank you for your help! So excited to get this thing running! :headbang:

I did suggest that you do that in Post #2 but I guess you didn't understand what I meant.
Try using the 770's graphics instead of the integrated and see what happens.

For anyone else reading this. When trying to install OS X on a Z/H97 system with integrated
gfx, have the Graphics Card removed during the process or it likely won't work.

Enjoy your new build :!:

For anyone else reading this. When trying to install OS X on a Z/H97 system with integrated gfx, have the Graphics Card removed during the process or it likely won't work.
On the contrary, installing with a supported gfx card is the easiest way to avoid all the install issues that occur with integrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back