Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980 Windforce
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The story so far. Some time ago I started ordering parts for a new computer. Sometime during that process, I decided that I’d like to try a hackintosh. Actually I’m trying to triple boot, but we can focus on the hackintosh part for the time being. The relevant parts are:

ASUS Z97 Pro (Wi-Fi ac)
i7-4790k
32 GB G. Skill Ripjaw X Series
NVIDIA Gigabyte 980 Windforce 4GB
Samsung 840 Pro 250 GB SSD

To start with, I bought a copy of 10.6.3 Snow Leopard. I went into the BIOS and reset everything possible as indicated in the various guides. WiFi/Bluetooth/Ethernet all off, CSM changed, ACHI, optimized defaults, etc. At this point I was able to install SL with only the –x –v and –f boot flags using iBoot Haswell.

I was thrilled.

I ran MultiBeast per instructions, then had to download a new version of the AppleIntelE1000e kext and installed that with KextBeast. I turned on the Ethernet in the BIOS and restarted and the Ethernet worked. Good news. I used the App Store to download the Yosemite installer and used Unibeast to create a bootable USB. I restarted and tried to boot from the USB and this is where I started having real problems.

I have tried very boot flag I can find that seems to have any relevance. PCIRootUID=0, UseKernelCache=Yes, npci=0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, arch=i386, maxmem=4096, 8192, Darkwake=0, NV_disable=Yes, etc. So many flags in multiple combinations. Every time I receive the Panic in the attached screen ‘Unable to find driver….\”ACPI”\’

Any help would be appreciated. Other guides for similar setups seem to focus on Mavericks and searching the forums hasn’t illuminated anything.

Thanks! If this should be placed somewhere else or is too much of a repeat feel free to move it or let me know.

20150225_195045.jpg

The story so far. Some time ago I started ordering parts for a new computer. Sometime during that process, I decided that I’d like to try a hackintosh. Actually I’m trying to triple boot, but we can focus on the hackintosh part for the time being. The relevant parts are:

ASUS Z97 Pro (Wi-Fi ac)
i7-4790k
32 GB G. Skill Ripjaw X Series
NVIDIA Gigabyte 980 Windforce 4GB
Samsung 840 Pro 250 GB SSD

To start with, I bought a copy of 10.6.3 Snow Leopard. I went into the BIOS and reset everything possible as indicated in the various guides. WiFi/Bluetooth/Ethernet all off, CSM changed, ACHI, optimized defaults, etc. At this point I was able to install SL with only the –x –v and –f boot flags using iBoot Haswell.

I was thrilled.

I ran MultiBeast per instructions, then had to download a new version of the AppleIntelE1000e kext and installed that with KextBeast. I turned on the Ethernet in the BIOS and restarted and the Ethernet worked. Good news. I used the App Store to download the Yosemite installer and used Unibeast to create a bootable USB. I restarted and tried to boot from the USB and this is where I started having real problems.

I have tried very boot flag I can find that seems to have any relevance. PCIRootUID=0, UseKernelCache=Yes, npci=0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, arch=i386, maxmem=4096, 8192, Darkwake=0, NV_disable=Yes, etc. So many flags in multiple combinations. Every time I receive the Panic in the attached screen ‘Unable to find driver….\”ACPI”\’

Any help would be appreciated. Other guides for similar setups seem to focus on Mavericks and searching the forums hasn’t illuminated anything.

Thanks! If this should be placed somewhere else or is too much of a repeat feel free to move it or let me know.

View attachment 128537

Is the flag "kext-dev-mode=1" present in your org.chameleon.boot.plist file??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back