Gigabyte z87m-d3h
CPU
i5 4670k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[SOLVED] z87m-d3h i5 4670k unable to install

Recently upgraded from a 1156 socket to haswell and now I'm having issues with installin on my new mobo.

Setup
GA-Z87M-D3H BIOS F8
i5-4670K
16GB Corsair RAM 1600
EVGA GTX 760
120GB SSD

Using Unibeast 2.1 usb installer I'm unable to get anything than a black screen or a grey screen with apple logo (tried DVI and HDMI). I have tried install with integrated graphics and gtx 760 but both end up with the same result. I was under the impression that the graphics would be supported and only -x GE=No flags would get me into installer. Should i try removing memory stick or something else.

Unibeast loads kexts and shows no errors when booting with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No

Also bios settings should all be correct.

Has anyone else had the same issues?

I just installed on the same mobo, had trouble getting into the installer at first but I finally made it with -GraphicsEnabler=No -dart=0 and bios settings:

xhci mode auto (not smart auto), xhci hand-off disabled, ehci hand-off disabled, processor graphics disabled (I have a GTX 660) and vt-d disabled (although the -dart=0 should do the same thing as I understood)

Can't really say what was the deciding option to finally make it work, but these are the settings I'm now running the system on successfully.

Thanks! I'll try these settings and post update here later today!

* installation completed but now im stuck on gray Apple-logo after multibeast. -x ge=no and dart dont help. Any ideas?

Installed just fine. Still stuck on PCI configuration begin..

Hi, are you still having problems with this?
I had to remove a kext from the Unibeast before being able to fully install it.

I had followed this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/108844-10-8-5-any-advice-clean-installation.html

EDIT: This is what I have done:
"Hey thank you all for the direction about removing the GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I put the Unibeast built USB installer stick back into this workstation, set Show All Files, and went to the /Extra/Extensions folder and made a backup copy of the kext then deleted it from the USB stick."

Hi, are you still having problems with this?
I had to remove a kext from the Unibeast before being able to fully install it.

I had followed this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/108844-10-8-5-any-advice-clean-installation.html

EDIT: This is what I have done:
"Hey thank you all for the direction about removing the GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I put the Unibeast built USB installer stick back into this workstation, set Show All Files, and went to the /Extra/Extensions folder and made a backup copy of the kext then deleted it from the USB stick."

I can boot from unibeast and install multibeast but after booting from HDD gets stuck on PCI config. If it helps I have updated BIOS to F8 and my VT-d setting is greyed out and I'm unable to change it to disabled. Anyone else have this issue?

[SOLVED] z87m-d3h i5 4670k unable to install

Optimized bios settings left xhci hand-off enabled, ehci hand-off enabled. VT-d is grey on BIOS because of 4670k processor so dart=0 doesn't matter.

Anyway thanks for all your replies. Now I have a working Haswell build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back