Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

yesterday, i made a clean install of Yosemite. It works for me with Clover+Multibeast and the WonkeyDonkey Guide for the StreamBox Pro thread. But i have no audio over HDMI - only Line-Out, Optical and Internal Speaker. I think, i need a patch for this.

Some weeks ago, i tested the YT Beta 3 over AppStore Update. It's works too, but sound was broken.

Updated to Yosemite yesterday (I'm using Clover), did an installation on top of the existing Mavericks partition using the USB installer, everything went *mostly* smooth. After installation I had to reapply audio and Wifi patches; the rest stayed functional. All my apps stayed untouched,.

The only thing that didn't worked was the NVIDIA driver, for some reason it makes the GPU fans go to MAX RPM! So beware anyone who wants to upgrade, you will have to use the official OS X driver for the time being...

Hello,

I recently tried installing Yosemite on my pc, and it has the Z87E-ITX motherboard. Everyone time I try to boot into the installer from chimera the apple logo flashes and the machine restarts. I have tried several different flags, different mobo settings, and I attempted to follow the pmp guide. Unfortunately pmp is no longer supported, and the new tool that was created to replace pmp doesn't work. Does anyone know what could be the problem and or how to fix it? I have tried to capture the error with flags but the machine doesn't stop on the error and just restarts. I would really like to get this installed. If you guys needs anymore information about the machine let me know.

Has anyone gotten the HDMI to work??

For the sleep/audio info ( Multibeast-Chimera Yosemite 10.10.5 ):
Go to sleep problem was solved with DSDT txt patch "Asrock Azurewave AW-CE123H sleep fix.txt".
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/117344-z87e-itx-updates-31.html#post797769

No audio after sleep was fixed with
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/170063-fix-no-sound-after-sleep-1150-possibly-other-realteks.html
"ready-made kext for 1150 on Gigabyte GA-Z79MX-gaming 5 and similar motherboards."
CodecCommander.kext.zip

I hope this helps someone, cheers, g.

Hey guys
It's my first time putting together a hackintosh. I already had a rig with this mobo.

I installed WiFi and Bluetooth from the kext provided in this thread for the Mavericks build.
The Bluetooth is working fine. I can connect to my phone but the WiFi does not show any networks.

Any tips?

P.S - I installed macOS Sierra

Last edited:
Hey guys
It's my first time putting together a hackintosh. I already had a rig with this mobo.

I installed WiFi and Bluetooth from the kext provided in this thread for the Mavericks build.
The Bluetooth is working fine. I can connect to my phone but the WiFi does not show any networks.

Any tips?

P.S - I installed macOS Sierra

I reinstalled and got WiFi working but now Bluetooth disconnects from my headphones right away. You can never win... *sigh*

Last edited:
I reinstalled and got WiFi working but now Bluetooth disconnects from my headphones right away. You can never win... *sigh*

Hello, I'm trying to install Sierra too but I can't get Wifi nor Bluetooth to working. Do you mind sharing the solution?
I managed to install audio but I also got problems with Shutdown and sleep (with shutdown the machine powers off but one second after it powers on again).
I'm on the latest Bios 2.50. I tried copypasting a couple kexts from the broadcom chip in my EFI volume but it doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, I'm trying to install Sierra too but I can't get Wifi nor Bluetooth to working. Do you mind sharing the solution?
I managed to install audio but I also got problems with Shutdown and sleep (with shutdown the machine powers off but one second after it powers on again).
I'm on the latest Bios 2.50. I tried copypasting a couple kexts from the broadcom chip in my EFI volume but it doesn't work.

Hey! I did this a long time about and wrote a blog post. I never published it because the BT was not working. I ended up buying a cheap BT module and settled for wifi. Here it is:

https://medium.com/agaro1121/asrock-z87e-hackintosh-sierra-2da7e1651f9e

Regarding sleep/wake, check and if necessary disable WOL (Wake On Lan) in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back