Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
That certainly gives me a bluetooth preference pane, but it does not detect my devices. =)

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently this board needs the wifi antenna connected otherwise BlueTooth doesn't work either. Hooked up the wireless/bluetooth antenna, and both my Apple Wireless Keyboard and Trackpad connected perfectly.

=)

been following this thread to see if i could get sleep and a newly installed Azurewave AW-CE123H (same card as asrock z87e itx i believe) working on my asrock z77e itx. had instant wake like the users here, but it slept fine without the card. following a lead from rcjroy and his usb property injection with clover, i managed to get sleep working with the card. the bluetooth on the card is what is preventing sleep, whether or not drivers are loaded for it. injecting "AAPL,clock-id" under EHC2 (where the bluetooth is attached) in my DSDT did the trick. I did not inject it into EHC1 because my USB mouse and keyboard are there so i could still wake from sleep by using them. With EMlyDinEsH BTfirmwareuploader.kext and SKVO's 5 ghz i now have an integrated bluetooth/AC solution (havn't tested bluetooth yet though). I've attached the patch, the EHC2 address might need to be changed as i'm not sure if its the same on the z87 boards.

Attachments

• Asrock Azurewave AW-CE123H sleep fix.txt.zip
    930 bytes · Views: 152
I have trouble with this motherboard (BIOS 2.30A) and HDMI Audio off the integrated HD4600 gfx (I have a haswell CPU and no discrete gfx card). Has anyone done it?

Also, I can't get OSX screen in my HDMI TV without having a DVI->VGA adaptor and cable hooked to the motherboard. Any hints?

I have trouble with this motherboard (BIOS 2.30A) and HDMI Audio off the integrated HD4600 gfx (I have a haswell CPU and no discrete gfx card). Has anyone done it?

Also, I can't get OSX screen in my HDMI TV without having a DVI->VGA adaptor and cable hooked to the motherboard. Any hints?

The HDMI output doesn't seem to respond correctly when it's the only output. It works fine when both dvi and hdmi are plugged in (or DP, as well)...anything but the HDMI only.
Here are my tests.

Hi wonkeyDonkey,

i have problems with the installation. I tried to create my own DSDT.

1. Install with Unibeast Mavericks 10.9.0 - (now Update to 10.9.2 - is this better? or after the Multibeast-Install?)

2.1. i tried to create my own DSDT with DSDTSE - (Extract-Button and save file to disk) - but problems and Kernalpanic
your DSDT doesn't work ->Kernelpanic
2.2 run Multibeast with your Options - but i have to mark DSDT-free -> no Kernel Panic, but AppleRTC is grey and unable to unmark

3. reboot - Mavericks works - without Sound (only i mark without DSDT 1150 and it works)

My Specs

Asrock Z87E-ITX with 2.30A - without Graphics Card, only i7-4770 GPU
8GB Kingston DDR3 runs at 1333MHz (1600MHz SPD possible)
120GB SSD

Thank you

No matter what I do I can't get HDMI audio to work. Also, the black screen on HDMI without a DVI cable also attached problem persists, and, even if I have both DVI and HDMI, the system halts if I turn off the HDMI TV.

I have tried with 2.30A BIOS with various settings, a Haswell i5 (with PM SSDT from ssdtPRGen script), linux-extracted DSDT (vanilla or patched with Toleda's instructions), iMac14,2 smbios, different chameleon/chimera options, patched/vanilla AppleHDA and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kexts (in different versions), etc.

This m/b seems like a PITA to work with and absolutely a terrible solution if you want to build a HTPC, as the onboard Intel HD4600 (via a Haswell CPU) is so shaky. Has anyone actually done it? Is Clover mandatory ?

Hey Guys,

First, sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language, but i'll try my best.
Second, thank you for all your support in this forum.

I really searched this and other forums for solving my problem, but i couldn't find any hint, that helped me out.

My Specs are:

Motherboard: AsRock Z87E-ITX
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570T 2.90 GHz not OC'ed
RAM: 8 GB Crucial CT102464BA DDR3-1600
SDD: Kingston 30GB SSDNow mSATA 6GBps

I'm using the onboard Graphic Solution provided by Intel. So theres no external Graphic Card.

My Bios Settings are exactly like yours in the thread 'Z87E-ITX Updates' except that i have My 'Primary Graphic Adapter' switched to 'Onboard'.

I was following this thread regarding how to install mavericks on z87e-itx.
I downloaded the package from WonkeyDonkey with the new bios 2.30A and flashed that on my Mobo. Then I made my USB-Stick with Unibeast and put both *.plist from the provided package into the hidden folder '/Extra' on my freshly created mavericks-usb-drive.

If i now want to boot to the installer of mavericks it get stucked. The verbose mode said something with missing bluetooth controller transport. I used some additional flags like npci=0x2000 or PCIRootUID=1 or -f or -x or maxmem=4096 but nothing helped. Most of them ended up in the same error message or in a kernel panic (system uptime in nanoseconds....).

If I put the provided DSDT.aml also on my created USB Drive in /Extra/ my system goes into a kernel panic (system uptime in nanoseconds....).

I found this tutorial to solve my bluetooth problem:

Boot: -s
mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir intel_back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
touch ../Extensions

I made this and ended up in an kernel panic (system uptime in nanoseconds....)

I really can't find any hints that solve my problem.

I hope that you guys can help me. I'm really despered atm that can't find out whats wrong with my system.

Cheers and Thank you,

taj

edit: solved

I don't think that DSDT.aml works with the onboard gfx. I might have been doing something wrong but this is a terrible motherboard if you think you are going to run a HTPC of it through onboard HDMI - people should be warned. I gave up. Couldn't make HDMI audio work and had problems when the HDMI display was turned off.

Try with no DSDT (or DSDT=null in chameleon kernel flags) and test with DVI/VGA. If you don't get KP and want HDMI, check with Chameleon/Chimera IGP injections, follow Toleda's rather technical thread and use a dvi adapter or cable.

I don't think that DSDT.aml works with the onboard gfx. I might have been doing something wrong but this is a terrible motherboard if you think you are going to run a HTPC of it through onboard HDMI - people should be warned. I gave up. Couldn't make HDMI audio work and had problems when the HDMI display was turned off.

Try with no DSDT (or DSDT=null in chameleon kernel flags) and test with DVI/VGA. If you don't get KP and want HDMI, check with Chameleon/Chimera IGP injections, follow Toleda's rather technical thread and use a dvi adapter or cable.

To be fair, I only ever tested this with a discrete GPU and the usual hdmi audio patch, for which it works perfectly. Different patches are needed for igfx.

I see some users are having hdmi igfx issues, something I have not had chance to test yet.

Confirmed hdmi through igfx as the sole connection doesnt work as expected. On win7 it does but not the OSX installer or installed OSX system.

Not sure what is causing this. Could be Asrock's implementation of hdmi on this board, something to do with OSX or a combination of both. Its puzzling that Win7 works though.

DVI works fine, as does Displayport.

Anybody tried hdmi with clover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back