Contribute
Register

Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

Yes, I have "Method(GPRW, 2". What do I need to do?

Scope (\)
{
Name (PICM, Zero)
Name (PRWP, Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
})
Method (GPRW, 2, NotSerialized)
{
PRWP [Zero] = Arg0
Local0 = (SS1 << One)
Local0 |= (SS2 << 0x02)
Local0 |= (SS3 << 0x03)
Local0 |= (SS4 << 0x04)
If (((One << Arg1) & Local0))
{
PRWP [One] = Arg1
}
Else
{
Local0 >>= One
FindSetLeftBit (Local0, PRWP [One])
}

Return (PRWP) /* \PRWP */
}
}

Yes, I have "Method(GPRW, 2". What do I need to do?

Scope (\)
{
Name (PICM, Zero)
Name (PRWP, Package (0x02)
{
Zero,
Zero
})
Method (GPRW, 2, NotSerialized)
{
PRWP [Zero] = Arg0
Local0 = (SS1 << One)
Local0 |= (SS2 << 0x02)
Local0 |= (SS3 << 0x03)
Local0 |= (SS4 << 0x04)
If (((One << Arg1) & Local0))
{
PRWP [One] = Arg1
}
Else
{
Local0 >>= One
FindSetLeftBit (Local0, PRWP [One])
}

Return (PRWP) /* \PRWP */
}
}

This. See if this helps you.

This. See if this helps you.

Thanks for the tip, but same issue. It goes to sleep fine once, but then the second time, the screen goes black and it doesn't sleep, fans just spin and it doesn't recover. With the change you provided, I also needed to use the power button to wake up from the first sleep, so the change definitely did something. The panic log shows "Sleep Wake Failure in EFI". Hopefully a bios update will fix it. Seems to be the same behavior regardless of EFI I use.

Thanks for the tip, but same issue. It goes to sleep fine once, but then the second time, the screen goes black and it doesn't sleep, fans just spin and it doesn't recover. With the change you provided, I also needed to use the power button to wake up from the first sleep, so the change definitely did something. The panic log shows "Sleep Wake Failure in EFI". Hopefully a bios update will fix it. Seems to be the same behavior regardless of EFI I use.

Well lets not just use EFI's. Lets learn about about ours and what each change is for. Its ok to compare but we should be building and drilling in to the "why" to better help the community and to solve issues with less variables changing around it.

I recommend turning off wake from usb in bios as well.

Here is a model SSDT for spoofing. Adapt to your ACPI path.
With AppleVTD enabled and ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk, this should be enough.

If AppleVTD is not enabled, and cannot be enabled (VT-d in BIOS, DisableIoMapper disabled, SetupVirtualMemoryMap enabled, possibly a custom DMAR table), then @CaseySJ has patches to make it work.

Really dumb question, how do I get my ACPI path? I've only done it in Windows (device manager makes it easy enough).

Really dumb question, how do I get my ACPI path? I've only done it in Windows (device manager makes it easy enough).
The only dumb questions are those which are never asked. ;)

Device Manager in Windows is a possibility.
In macOS you can use Hackintool (easiest) or IORegistryExplorer (here is an example of extracting the ACPI path from an IOReg string).

Do you have the problem where the system crashes when going to sleep the second time? I still haven't been able to solve this issue with my Z790 Aero G.
same issue,still no clue on my z790 aorus master.

我的 z790 Mac Studio“替代品”几乎完成了。全力以赴。我积极地为真正的 Mac Studio 存钱,但我需要的配置将运行大约 6000 美元,最终我只是说 eff 它并将所有东西都放在这个野兽身上:

技嘉Aorus大师
英特尔 13900K
宝蓝红魔 6950XT
至关重要的复仇 128GB DDR5

我做了很多内容创建者的废话以及很多 VM 的东西。事后看来,我可能会做出正确的决定,坚持使用英特尔,因为我可能需要在某个时候双引导到有效的 Windows(不仅仅是 Parallels VM)进行测试。我不知道 Apple Silicon 上的 Parallels 状态。

如果它能帮助其他人使用类似的 z790 系统,我将尝试在一天左右的时间内制作一个构建日志页面。

小问题:

1 - 我确信这很容易,但由于 CPU 被伪装成 Comet Lake,我不知道如何手动填充空白。

2 - 我不关心 wifi,但我还没有弄清楚 Marvell Aquantia AQC113 10gig 以太网。这不是什么大问题,我暂时使用 Best Buy USB-C 转以太网加密狗,但如果有它就好了。

View attachment 559359
try this DeviceProperties of AQC113c ,it works on my hackintosh。
截屏2022-12-08 09.59.23.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    1,010 bytes · Views: 76
Last edited:
same issue,still no clue on my z790 aorus master.
Hopefully we find a solution. I have noticed that people with the K processors seem to be having the problem and KF are not....Maybe that is something.

Back