Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING X790
CPU
1i9-3900KF
Graphics
VEGA 64
Hi everyone,

Just opening this thread on Z790 motherboards.

Previously I had a Ryzen 5950x system which was a little easier in getting up and running surprisingly.

Have just been working on a new build with 13900kf and Z790 - ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming - E.

Had a few issues regarding USB ports on Z790 which were slightly compounded by Propertree and OpenCore Configurator corrupting EFI folders which I have now resolved.

One issue that still confuses me is the USBInjectALL.kext - does this function by itself or does it require/work in conjunction with an SSDT - SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

Hi everyone,

Just opening this thread on Z790 motherboards.

Previously I had a Ryzen 5950x system which was a little easier in getting up and running surprisingly.

Have just been working on a new build with 13900kf and Z790 - ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming - E.

Had a few issues regarding USB ports on Z790 which were slightly compounded by Propertree and OpenCore Configurator corrupting EFI folders which I have now resolved.

One issue that still confuses me is the USBInjectALL.kext - does this function by itself or does it require/work in conjunction with an SSDT - SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
USBInjectAll.kext works with SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml

or use USBPorts.kext which is easier

Ok thanks, am I right in thinking the 'ALL' part can renamed to anything?

I'm currently running USBInjectALL with this enabled in the ACPI folder - SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-ALL-PORTS.aml

Is anything after the UIAC part allowed to be named freely?

Ok thanks, am I right in thinking the 'ALL' part can renamed to anything?

I'm currently running USBInjectALL with this enabled in the ACPI folder - SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-ALL-PORTS.aml

Is anything after the UIAC part allowed to be named freely?
you can call it whatever you like as long as it is the same name in your config.plist

you can call it whatever you like as long as it is the same name in your config.plist
Cheers!

Also where can I find the USBPorts.kext?

if you had read the link I sent you.....
Apologies, but every time I disable the SSDT above I loose mouse and keyboard, in this guide it suggests that you just have the USBInjectALL.kext and the port limit in place and then you can see what USB ports you can have in Hackintool - with this Z790 board when I do that I loose all USB ports - even on Catalina?

Unless I have this SSDT - SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-ALL-PORTS.aml I don't have any keyboard and mouse. Thats even with freshly downloading and installing the USBInjectALL.kext front the guide above.

Apologies, but every time I disable the SSDT above I loose mouse and keyboard, in this guide it suggests that you just have the USBInjectALL.kext and the port limit in place and then you can see what USB ports you can have in Hackintool - with this Z790 board when I do that I loose all USB ports - even on Catalina?

Unless I have this SSDT - SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-ALL-PORTS.aml I don't have any keyboard and mouse. Thats even with freshly downloading and installing the USBInjectALL.kext front the guide above.
@PR99,

What you are meant to do, is when you've booted into a system with SSDT-UIAC and USBInjectAll installed, is to create a custom USB map using the USBPorts tool, trying to detect as many ports as you can but keep the limit within 15 ports as that is the maximum macOS allows. Then you place that file into your OC/Kexts folder and you disable USBInjectAll. If your mouse and/or keyboard are still not detected at boot time then you may need to use OpenUsbKbDxe.efi in your EFI build by adding it under UEFI > Drivers.

Thanks! Will try that! Just to confirm once the map is done Both the SSDT-UIAC and USBInjectALL are disabled? Everything is meant to work from just the USBPort.kext?

At the moment I have no mouse / keyboard when I do that so going to add OpenUsbKbDxe to drivers now and see if it changes!

Any importance to where the USBPorts kext comes in terms of position in Config.plist

Last edited:

best to use Catalina to setup your USB ports correctly

Back