Contribute
Register

Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

Have just been working on a new build with 13900kf and Z790 - ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming - E.
I am doing the same on a ROG Strix z790-A Gaming Wifi D4, this is much harder than my z390 or my MSI laptop hacks. I'll update this thread with my positive results once I start to get some lol.

Just posting an update.

First thanks so much to everyone that assisted on this Forum - very much appreciated! - CaseySJ, Feartech,

ori69, Leesureone.

I haven't managed to sort out the port mapping yet (as I had to get on with some work), but will come back to that shortly, currently running Catalina.

Couple of Synthetic benchmarks - they seem to have slight variances, but look fairly good so far for OSX.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 23.17.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 23.17.33.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 17.28.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 17.28.16.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 280
I am doing the same on a ROG Strix z790-A Gaming Wifi D4, this is much harder than my z390 or my MSI laptop hacks. I'll update this thread with my positive results once I start to get some lol.

Yeah this was a lot harder for me than previous Hackintosh's - was coming from an AMD 5950x that was really straightforward but it had been out a lot longer so a lot of work had already been done to patch Opencore.

I recommend installing Catalina first - there are a couple of good EFI's to use as a starting point in the Z690 thread around page 62 - CaseySJ and Leesureone posted. I ran into a big issue with port mapping so I made an SSD bootdrive for Catalina.

Got it booted but the USB ports won't read my flash drive right now, but progress has been made.

I have a generally successful setup, except for one nasty issue. Sometimes, when the system wakes up from sleep, the Ethernet gets disconnected. It wouldn't recover after reboot and the Ethernet would disappear completely from the system report.

It may take random number of reboots for the ethernet to come back. Very unpredictable.

Also, I noticed that after that happens, and things magically come back to normal, the chrome browsers and password managers get logged out. This is similar to behavior when the System ID gets changed. But I confirmed that EFI is intact.

Does anyone experience this? Would appreciate some help. Thanks!
Keep us posted. I have the same MB. I'll have all the parts this weekend. Hopefully I'll have something going by Sunday.

Are you running Ventura or Monterey?

This is happening on z790? Are you using the IntelMausi kext?

Have you seen this procedure?

Also, is there an official OpenCore docs for Raptor Lake?
It doesn't look like it. I think the general premise is the CPU is spoofed to be comet lake and the OC configuration follows the comet lake setup.

I got my Z790 Aero G, but no luck building into macOS yet. I have Windows installed and everything seems to be working. I tried CaseyJs Z690 Aero G, but I can't even get the OpenCore Picker to load. With my own, it gets to OpenCore and starts to load, but then stalls out part way through the boot.

Back