Contribute
Register

Z790 Chipset & Raptor Lake

This is the same for MSI 690 boards. Try disabling fTPM 2.0 and using the power button to wake.
My motherboard says it uses PTT for the TPM....Do I disable the Intel Platform Trust and TPM?

I gave it a try. It didn't seem to help. Bummer!

My motherboard says it uses PTT for the TPM....Do I disable the Intel Platform Trust and TPM?
I have Z790 Aorus Elite AX, same problom as you, the second sleep hang, I updated my bios to the latest F3g, tried everything, finally I downgrade my bios to F2 fixed this. I'm not sure it related PTT, I was disabled it in F3g, but I kept the optimized default setting in F2, and noticed that I have full Trusted Computing info now, I was lost them in F3g. Now I have prefect sleep, hope this can help you.

I have Z790 Aorus Elite AX, same problom as you, the second sleep hang, I updated my bios to the latest F3g, tried everything, finally I downgrade my bios to F2 fixed this. I'm not sure it related PTT, I was disabled it in F3g, but I kept the optimized default setting in F2, and noticed that I have full Trusted Computing info now, I was lost them in F3g. Now I have prefect sleep, hope this can help you.
Interesting. I have tried both the F2 and F4 bios and both have the same sleep issues. At least your post gives me hope that it is possible to be fixed. Maybe I should try the F3 bios. Can you post your bios profile?. Maybe I can find a setting in it that will give me a clue to where the issue may be. I almost bought the board you have. Maybe I'll try and return mine and get yours. Are you running the DDR5 version? Are you able to see your CPU temps? That is another thing that does not work on my board.

Interesting. I have tried both the F2 and F4 bios and both have the same sleep issues. At least your post gives me hope that it is possible to be fixed. Maybe I should try the F3 bios. Can you post your bios profile?. Maybe I can find a setting in it that will give me a clue to where the issue may be. I almost bought the board you have. Maybe I'll try and return mine and get yours. Are you running the DDR5 version? Are you able to see your CPU temps? That is another thing that does not work on my board.
All I did was flash my bios, then Load Optimized Defaults setting, boot to Ventura the sleep problom got solved miraculously. Then I change the bios settings one by one, make sure sleep still good. I think you can also use the default bios setting to test sleep, don't change anything. I'm running DDR5 6000, but I can not enable XPM, it can only run at 5600, about CPU temps, I was use Intel Power Gadget in Monterey, all looks good, I'm not install it in Ventura, because I can hear the fan sound and feels good, I'm 13900KF btw.

All I did was flash my bios, then Load Optimized Defaults setting, boot to Ventura the sleep problom got solved miraculously. Then I change the bios settings one by one, make sure sleep still good. I think you can also use the default bios setting to test sleep, don't change anything. I'm running DDR5 6000, but I can not enable XPM, it can only run at 5600, about CPU temps, I was use Intel Power Gadget in Monterey, all looks good, I'm not install it in Ventura, because I can hear the fan sound and feels good, I'm 13900KF btw.
Hopefully KF doesn't make a difference. I set the internal graphics to off in my bios. I tried F3, same issue. There arent' many differences between our boards...Hopefully I'll get this figured out, but at least it's possible to get working sleep with a 13900.

It's strange I can't see the temperatures either. Do you use iStatMenus? I just ordered a 13900KF. I bought my 13900K from best buy for $625 and now the KF is $575. I'll save $50 by returning my K.

Edit: Just noticed I can get the temperatures from powergadget. I didn't realize it had an app too. I had always used Istatmenus.

Last edited:
Back