Contribute
Register

Z77X-UP5-TH Sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thank's a lot mate!
I'll try a reboot and see what happens :)

if u dont mind now run geekbench after a reboot and take a screenshot the min score u should have is 14000 and tops is 18000 stock no oc .here is the proper smbois i have edited so it wont show up as a hackintosh on geekbench delete the the old one in extra copy and paste the new one and reboot

Attachments

• SMBios.plist
    692 bytes · Views: 223
Ok i can do that.
But first, my computer still thinks it's a Mac Pro even though i have installed the Mac Mini 6,2 profile. I have tried booting with "-f" but i get "mach kernel not found" (or something), I have also tried running "repair disk permissions" in Disk Utility. I think maybe the problem is that i'm running a Fusion Drive?

Thanks.

fusion drives are known to have issues its because of the controler if i remember right if u had told me this in the begining i would have told u not to use it. what is the model numer and i will look it up? go back and read post 22 please

fusion drives are known to have issues its because of the controler if i remember right if u had told me this in the begining i would have told u not to use it. what is the model numer and i will look it up? go back and read post 22 please

Ok i have fixed it now, i had to copy the extra folder over to the boot partitions of the Fusion Drive (i used the file you uploaded). Now my graphics card seems to be detected properly too, i.e. "6870" vs "6xxx". Thanks! However i have lost dual monitor functionality (i use 2 x DVI), is there any way to fix this? It seems weird that now it's fully detected i've lost my main display.

I did a Geekbench test and it gave me 14731.

Cheers,
Chris.

ok my part is done i suggest u use search guide 6870 as i have never had amd/ati gfx card before good luck

ok my part is done i suggest u use search guide 6870 as i have never had amd/ati gfx card before good luck

Ok thanks man you've helped a bunch!
I have one last question though regarding the SMBios... Can i have my profile set to the Mac Mini 6,2 but have all of the images display it as a Mac Pro? By images i mean like in the system information and on other computers in the sidebar etc. Also label it a "Mac Pro" ?

Thanks!

Ok i have fixed it now, i had to copy the extra folder over to the boot partitions of the Fusion Drive (i used the file you uploaded). Now my graphics card seems to be detected properly too, i.e. "6870" vs "6xxx". Thanks! However i have lost dual monitor functionality (i use 2 x DVI), is there any way to fix this? It seems weird that now it's fully detected i've lost my main display.

I did a Geekbench test and it gave me 14731.

Cheers,
Chris.

It is a known problem for 6xxx series card to work or not work in OS X this way. For example If I use the HDMI port on my Radeon 6850, the bottom DVI port is dead. Suggest try to use different combinations, other wise you could find out what personality you card uses natively. There are several that people use.

It is a known problem for 6xxx series card to work or not work in OS X this way. For example If I use the HDMI port on my Radeon 6850, the bottom DVI port is dead. Suggest try to use different combinations, other wise you could find out what personality you card uses natively. There are several that people use.

Ok, well i don't think i should to go buying cables because i'm going to be upgrading to a 770/780 (good decision? i see them in the buyers guide) soon. Is there no way i can like map which ports work in the Kext or something? I need both DVI's because one display is DVI and the other is VGA with a VGA to DVI adapter.

Also i would like to ask you both this... What did that DSDT patch do? I want to try and figure this out so i can just do it myself. Are there things i might want to configure to my personal taste?

Thanks.

u can use MacPro 3,1 smbios but ivy power management wont work buts its up to u in the long run.i have edited this smbois so it wont show up as a hackintosh its for MacPro3,1

Attachments

• SMBios.plist
    701 bytes · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back