Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I am having trouble getting my computer to sleep. I have sleep enabled (and all other options in "energy saver" enabled), and no processes on my computer preventing sleep. If i select "sleep" under the Apple drop down menu, it goes to sleep no problem, and wakes as expected. I just don't seem to be able to have it auto sleep.

Can anyone share any advice please?

Thanks,
Chris.

Dude, thats awesome thanks!

I would still like to get it working properly if possible though. In the mean time i'm going to play with that utility :)

Thanks.

Dude, thats awesome thanks!

I would still like to get it working properly if possible though. In the mean time i'm going to play with that utility :)

Thanks.

No problem, on my P76x build I could never get it to auto sleep after it had woken up to record TV. So I set energy saver to sleep 10 minutes after the program had finished at would automatically sleep:thumbup:

You could also have a look in console as what is stopping it from shutting down.

If i run "pmset -g assertions" in Terminal i see nothing preventing the computer from sleeping. The app you suggested works great, but i'd rather fix the native feature.

Also, i noticed my computer will not wake on demand. Is this because i need an Apple ethernet card to achieve that functionality? I have an Apple router already.

Thanks for the reply fella!
I will try that now thanks :)

EDIT: Ok so i patched the DSDT and all of that stuff in the guide, then i applied it with Multibeast but it still will not sleep?
Is there anything else i should do?

Yes indeed that will help. It will also give HDMI audio.

I doesn't appear to have fixed anything? I noticed that my hardware sensors broke with the patching too.

In case this is the reason why it hasn't worked, when i hit compile it says...

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-10%20at%2019.32.20.png

Thank you.

in bios disable pll overvoltage,vt-d,and add flag dart=0 to plist in extra folder also did u run prgreen and install SSDT.aml and use smbios MacMini6,2 for proper ivy power management. looks like u forgot to change macails to 5.0 before u compiled

Attachments

• i7-3770K-SSDT.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back