Contribute
Register

Z77X-UP5-TH Sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
in bios disable pll overvoltage,vt-d,and add flag dart=0 to plist in extra folder also did u run prgreen and install SSDT.aml and use smbios MacMini6,2 for proper ivy power management. looks like u forgot to change macails to 5.0 before u compiled

I did none of these things. I will try them now. THANKS!
PS. I did change to 5.0 :)

I doesn't appear to have fixed anything? I noticed that my hardware sensors broke with the patching too.

In case this is the reason why it hasn't worked, when i hit compile it says...

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-10%20at%2019.32.20.png

Thank you.

As long as there are no Errors, warnings are fine it should not give you a problem.

Arh OK thats good to know.

I'm looking in my bios for those settings and i think i've found them, but there is no off option? I can set them to auto, normal or a voltage.

Here's what I'm looking at...

Cloud2go%2010%20Jul%202013%2020%3A00.jpg

Also, when i run that app i get this...

sdtPRGen.sh v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by Pike R. Alpha
----------------------------------------------------------------
Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a MacPro3,1 [Mac-F42C88C8]
Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K processor [0x306A9] setup [0x0701]
With a maximum TDP of 77 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3500 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3600-3900 MHz)
Number of P-States: 24 (1600-3900 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

Warning: 'board-id' [Mac-F42C88C8] is not supported by Ivy Bridge PM

IASL not found. Downloading iasl...
sudo: can't open /private/etc/sudoers: Permission denied
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: can't open /private/etc/sudoers: Permission denied
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
Done.
/Users/Chris/ssdtPRGen.command: line 2135: /usr/local/bin/iasl: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

How do i install the SSDT? Do i just drop it in the Extra folder?

Thanks.

now hit enter key and select disable and save and exit

There is no disable fella :/

Also, i edited my previous post to include what terminal spat back at me after running the SSDT gen app.

ok no worries then just add dart=0 to plist use the SSDT.aml on the top then and ignor prgrn then. check extra folder and make sure u have the SSDT.aml and DSDT.aml edit i shoudlnt have put prgen in the link as it may have confused u

Ok well i THINK I've done everything right.

Here is my Boot.plist...

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-10%20at%2020.38.04.png

And i simply dragged and dropped the file you uploaded into my Extra folder, then renamed it...

Screen%20Shot%202013-07-10%20at%2020.52.24.png

So is this right?

Thanks for the help!

your ssdt is named wrong it should be SSDT.aml also r u sure GE=YES will work for your gfx card.i can edit your plist for u just upload it. it contains some errors

Yes sorry, i uploaded the wrong screenshot, i noticed after and fixed it. So besides that is should work ok?

My GPU works, could it work better? Here is my Plist if you don't mind fixing it?... http://cl.ly/0a3l1s2i433x

Now i have done all of this, should sleep work? I still haven't set my profile to Mac Mini, do i have to do that? The reason i ask is because i like my computer appearing as a "Mac Pro" across the network, and with it being in a G5 case, it looks like one. What advantages are there to using the Mac Mini profile? I've also been told to use the iMac profile in the past. After a little research I read that the only difference it makes is what the computer reports itself as, no performance differences?

Thanks,
Chris.

13,1 and 13,2 smbois arnt workin properly as in only 2 pstats each that why u have to use MacMini6,2 with this u will get 8+ p states.ok now delete or move to trash the plist and copy and paste the new one in edit smbois the reboot and check sleep.i have to run a few errends be back shortley

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    590 bytes · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back