Graphics
Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Having some major issues and cannot work it out.

Yesterday I was booting at least til Multibeast, followed by some kernel panic (probably from me picking bad drivers etc) however after working on it today I have got to a stage where I cannot even get that far without using -x (safe mode) to install multibeast.

Specs are~

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU: 3770k i7 3.5ghz
RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengence
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX680 4GB

Installing on a 120gb SSD (Windows 7 installed on another) and I will have a shared 1TB HDD.

If there are any more crucial bits and pieces you need to know, I would be happy to hand them over.

I used multiple guides but the one that got me the furthest tonight was alfa's:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nderbolt-updated-10-8-2-multibeast-5-2-a.html

I basically did everything aside from the final macbook pro / macbook air patch at the end as it said that it was not supported by the OS I had instealled (10.8.2) so assuming it was already installed?

This is where I am at right now:

- After initial OS install, I was unable to straight boot (even from -v) so had to enter safe mode (-x)
- I copied the following MultiBeast setup (since his system was nearly identical aside from the GPU)
40827d1355289092-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt-updated-10-8-2-multibeast-5-2-rhfjd.jpg
- I downloaded his chameleon file and replaced mine, installed the updates, then rebooted.
- Used USB to boot back into my Mountain Lion SSD and got a "You need to restart your computer.
- Tried -v and it halted at the following (sorry for the dodgy shot)
IMG_0042.jpg
- Tried -x and it hung on the apple screen then eventually popped up with "You need to restart your computer".

There are all sorts of errors in the verbose log but I can't make sense of it as I am a hack noob.. I am sort of a bit dumbfounded by what to do now..

I just built a system with exactly the same specs as you except my video card is a 670 and I have two sticks of 8GB RAM. If you read the thread there are people who tried to install the macbook air patch and got the error that it was not compatible, further down someone posted a link to a site where you can get a hacked version of the patch that does work, this is what I used. I am not saying this will fix your problem, just letting you know. When you boot your system are both SSD's connected to the motherboard or just the one that has OSX installed on it? If both are connected, I would disconnect the one you intend to install Windows on and just work with the SSD for OSX, is it connected to SATA port 0? You can confirm this in the BIOS. Are all your BIOS settings correct?

I have the same setup as you and i dont have your problem.

I see that it says something about your NTFS drive.
When i install OS X i always unplug all the other drives.

Try to unplug the windows drive or try to install OS X again without any other drives in it.

If you read the thread there are people who tried to install the macbook air patch and got the error that it was not compatible, further down someone posted a link to a site where you can get a hacked version of the patch that does work, this is what I used.

Ah cool I will look into that one.. Cheers mate

When you boot your system are both SSD's connected to the motherboard or just the one that has OSX installed on it? If both are connected, I would disconnect the one you intend to install Windows on and just work with the SSD for OSX, is it connected to SATA port 0? You can confirm this in the BIOS. Are all your BIOS settings correct?

I see that it says something about your NTFS drive.
When i install OS X i always unplug all the other drives.

Try to unplug the windows drive or try to install OS X again without any other drives in it.

It is in port 0, but yeah I did have all of my other drives plugged in. Trying again with them unplugged. Will let you guys know how it goes! Thanks for the tip, that thought didn't even cross my mind.

As for the Bios, I basically copied off the settings in the thread (which are pretty much default), although I did do some overclocking but don't think that would be the issue.

-----
EDIT
-----

Done that, tried booting from the SSD after install and now it's hanging at the apple logo screen (on regular boot). I will try and get a decent quality shot of the -v log and see if someone is seeing anything that I am missing.

IMG_1519.jpg

-------
SEMI SOLVED !
-------

This is going to sound hilarious... I have both VGA and HDMI plugged in to the same monitor so I can change the input on the monitor if I want to see boot, then it switches to HDMI when I get to desktop... I always manually change my input on my monitor... This whole time I was on VGA and for some reason it is "hanging" on the apple logo on VGA but on my HDMI input, it is already loaded and waiting for me at desktop...

Seems to work now though! Such a derp moment.

--only issue is I don't have any audio now..

All working now !!! Just backed up, reinstalled audio driver and rebooted. Donnnne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back