Contribute
Register

Z77X-UD5H - USB Problems - Reboot (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking this for Clarifications purposes. I read that version F14 does NOT implement UEFI GOP for the HD4000 GPU only F15 allows for this, therefore I'll need an actual separate graphics card that supports UEFI GOP to do this, right? By the way, I'm not using Clover at the moment but rather Ozmosis, I was planning on creating a version of the F14 bios posted earlier with the Firewire fix with Ozmosis baked in but I'm holding off for now until I buy a video card that has UEFI support.

Just asking this for Clarifications purposes. I read that version F14 does NOT implement UEFI GOP for the HD4000 GPU only F15 allows for this, therefore I'll need an actual separate graphics card that supports UEFI GOP to do this, right? By the way, I'm not using Clover at the moment but rather Ozmosis, I was planning on creating a version of the F14 bios posted earlier with the Firewire fix with Ozmosis baked in but I'm holding off for now until I buy a video card that has UEFI support.

I switched to clover with F14 Bios.
It will all work, with a graphic that does not support GOP UEFI.
As soon you disable CSM (what you need to do for USB issues) you will have a black screen during boot (so no way to get to bios and to excess the clover boot settings).

I now upgraded to msi GTX 770 and now i have my boot screens back.

My hack never ran this fast and fully functional too.
- both graphic cards (HD400/GTX770) work
- sleep/wake up no USB issues
- handoff (with special bluethooth/wifi adapter)
- i message
- HDMI sound

I took me about two weeks to figure all out but it's worth the work.

OK I have managed to get rid of my USB problem - it may be worth checking this if you still have problems.

I have always run with Internal Graphics Standby Mode and Internal Graphics Deep Standby Mode set to Disabled but discovered for some reason that I had turned them to enabled in my Bios settings (don't remember why).

Anyway set them to Disabled again and used the config for clover I have used in the past on 10.9 and everything now works as expected.

Am attaching my clover config.plist.

Not sure if this was the issue or not - I simply went through my setup to see if anything was different to what I had previously used without issue and this is what I found.

131105221925.jpg

View attachment config.plist

I switched to clover with F14 Bios.
It will all work, with a graphic that does not support GOP UEFI.
As soon you disable CSM (what you need to do for USB issues) you will have a black screen during boot (so no way to get to bios and to excess the clover boot settings).

I now upgraded to msi GTX 770 and now i have my boot screens back.

My hack never ran this fast and fully functional too.
- both graphic cards (HD400/GTX770) work
- sleep/wake up no USB issues
- handoff (with special bluethooth/wifi adapter)
- i message
- HDMI sound

I took me about two weeks to figure all out but it's worth the work.

Question for you in regards to your GTX 770, are you using the DisplayPort to connect to your monitor(s)? I'm curious if iTunes HD Video and now Netflix via Safari works for you if you are indeed connecting via the DisplayPort and not HDMI/DVI. Thanks

Question for you in regards to your GTX 770, are you using the DisplayPort to connect to your monitor(s)? I'm curious if iTunes HD Video and now Netflix via Safari works for you if you are indeed connecting via the DisplayPort and not HDMI/DVI. Thanks

I am connecting via HDMI.
I Tunes video have sound but a flickery picture (not viewable) as always.

I actually need to check this with the DisplayPort connected to the monitor..need to get a cable first.

I am connecting via HDMI.
I Tunes video have sound but a flickery picture (not viewable) as always.

I actually need to check this with the DisplayPort connected to the monitor..need to get a cable first.

Just as long as the monitor you're connecting it to actually has a DisplayPort..I'm going to try adding these to my rig over Xmas, since apparently one guy got iTunes HD working but only with a native display port monitor and a discreet graphics card with display port...I think he was using a GTX970.

Where are you seeing BIOS ver. F16 for the Z77X-UD5H? Gigabyte's site shows F14 as the final BIOS, with the beta BIOS F15q released in 2013. Or do you mean one of those 3rd-party hacked BIOS files floating around the overclocking fora, etc.? There's a lot of things I'll risk on my system. Weird boot loaders. 3rd party kexts. But I would never flash any motherboard I rely upon with a 3rd party BIOS.

@All,

Although it is possible to use GA-Z77X-UD5H with out DSDT you will get much better compatibility and stability if you do use one. With all the great tools and support from the community it is not that difficult these days ... all you need to do is extract your native DSDT and use PJALM's all-in-one patches in MaciASL

Add the following repo links to MACiASL from his home page:-

• Gigabyte
  • Graphics
Load your Native DSDT into MaciASL and apply the appropriate 'all-in-one- patch for your motherboard model and then select the correct patch for your graphics configuration, you may need to apply a few generic patches if it still fails to compile such as 'Replace Names' .. etc but for most of you this wont be necessary.

I am using GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS Rev F16 mod 11

Available from here :-

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios-post462867.html#post462867

This BIOS has been modified .... all the embedded 3rd party ROMS updated to the more recent latest/tested OEM versions :-

• Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
  • Intel UEFI RAID SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
  • Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025
  • Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.0.2.7 to 2.0.6.6
  • Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller 2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.5
  • Intel Boot Agent GE 1.3.81 to 1.5.48
  • Intel GigabitLanX64 5.1.00 to 6.0.24
  • Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2158 to 2170
  • Intel Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
  • Intel Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
  • CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 728 & Ivy 919)
  • ME Firmware 8.1.30.1350 to 8.1.51.1471
All of the above help to resolve a lot of small issues and niggles and is way more stable (IMO) then the official Gigabyte BIOS, this is especially true if you have SATA devices attached to the Marvel controller.

I have no USB/USB3 issues .. keep OS X vanilla in that respect - do not install any 3rd party USB kext's such as GenericUSB3 .... etc

For reference my system (White Knight in sig) has i7 3770K @ 4.0Ghz/4.3 Ghz Turbo - 16GB RAM with GTX 660 OC GPU, booting via Clover

If your new to DSDT patching and editing then i recommend starting with one of the excellent guides written by RehabMan as a starring point.

Never use a DSDT from another system ... always extract the native one from your BIOS and patch it.

Obviously if your new to any of the above then you should do some reading before attempting any of it, don't forget that you can use the dual BIOS switch to switch between a modded BIOS and standard BIOS if you have any issues. Always ensure you have backups before you start.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back