Contribute
Register

Z77X-UD5H - USB Problems - Reboot (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Svencux,

Glad to hear you've had success with Yosemite on the UD5H. Would you mind detailing the installation method you used to get this board working with Clover? I have had nothing but headaches trying to get Clover working, as there seem to be dozens of different guides and methods and very little in common among them. If you could list the steps you took to get Clover installed and booting Yosemite on the UD5H, without CSM, that would a huge help to all of us struggling with this board under Yosemite. Thanks.

Hi there,

i can confirm that i do not have any USB issues after setting the system up with clover.
No USB problems means for me that "after wake" my ETV tuner comes up automaticly and i can insert any USB pen to USB 2 or USB 3 port with no crashes.
I followed the thread mentioned above. It took me a good week of work of creating a good DSDT and get the clover config right.
I am on Bios F14 and the USB work only if CSM is disabled.

The down side, for any reason i have to figured out yet, the system boots up with out showing the BIOS screen and the clover boot screen.
Also i am not able to boot my second SSD with windows using clover.
That is something i have to work on.

I don't know why the board is so difficult with yosemite.

Hmm.... Under "Bios features" (rev 14) there is a "CSM support" and I've set it to "Never". The board double-beeps and hangs; no boot :(
Your graphics card must have UEFI bios too, to boot in full UEFI mode. I'm running UEFI with CSM support disabled, and experiencing USB issues with Clover or Ozmosis. But I have f15q bios and didn't try f14.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have found a solution. I just installed f14 bios with last Clover and it's working well. =)

P.S. I have made f14 bios with firewire driver integrated. Tested on my machine - working well.
View attachment Z77XUD5H_fwdrv.F14.zip

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have found a solution. I just installed f14 bios with last Clover and it's working well. =)

P.S. I have made f14 bios with firewire driver integrated. Tested on my machine - working well.

good to hear you have your system running.
Do you have like me no bios and no clover boot screen, with CSM disabled ?

If not it 's probably be my graphic card

Re: madmans' comment

Sorry for hijacking the discussion, but please give me some pointers regarding the CSM option.

On my rig [Chimera], the boot priority is "P0:SANDISK" (the SSD system disk). When I select CSM support "NEVER", the system double-beeps and freezes. The only way to restore a normal boot is via the reset CMOS button on the MB.

How about you, madman? How do you get it to boot with CSM disabled? Can you please let me know your boot priority table?

Once again, sorry for the n00b question.

good to hear you have your system running.
Do you have like me no bios and no clover boot screen, with CSM disabled ?

If not it 's probably be my graphic card
I have those boot screens. I think it's your graphic card. You should update it to GOP UEFI if your card supports it. I did it maybe a year ago. I send email with request to card manufacturer and they send me back card ROM with instructions.

I have those boot screens. I think it's your graphic card. You should update it to GOP UEFI if your card supports it. I did it maybe a year ago. I send email with request to card manufacturer and they send me back card ROM with instructions.

any suggestion on a new card with GOP UEFI Support right out of the box?
I looked around but there is no call out for GOP UEFI support. So how do i know if a card has GOP UEFI support ?

any suggestion on a new card with GOP UEFI Support right out of the box?
I looked around but there is no call out for GOP UEFI support. So how do i know if a card has GOP UEFI support ?
Maybe you should send a message to Asus support and ask them how you can boot in UEFI mode with this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back