Contribute
Register

Z77X-UD5H - Realtek 898 - OS X 10.8.5 Audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have 0x3000 flag in your plist file?

The a lot of kexts/drivers have been updated between your use of MultiBeast 5.3.1 and 5.5.2. I, too, was starting to have "issues" from just updating the audio and Ethernet kexts/drivers from OS X 10.8 update to update. I finally did a MultiBeast 5.5.2 full configuration on my 10.8.5 update, just like if it was a clean install. Bingo! All the little "issues" disappeared.

So, if you've updating since day one with just the audio and Ethernet kexts/drivers, it's time for a MultiBeast full configuration update. :thumbup:

This solution seems to have fixed my issues with audio too. Replacing only the audio kexts didn't work. I have the exact setup you have Stork, minus the video card. Thanks!

The problem started for me right after the 10.8.5 supplemental update.Im going to try the older version of multibeast like you suggest...

Same thing happened to me after the update.

While watching YouTube videos, the sound will get all fuzzy after a while at random but it will go away if I refresh the page.

When I record music, the sound will randomly get fuzzy but if I restart the application, then the audio is back to normal.

The issue seems to be per-app for me. If I restart the application when the audio gets fuzzy, then it goes away.

I would prefer a more permanent solution if anyone discovers one!

I am on 10.8.5 and have re-run the latest version (and several previous versions) of Multibeast several times but none have solved my issue.

I'm not exactly clear on how Multibeast operates. If I download 5.3.1, open it, and only select the Realtek 898 audio (no dsdt option) and proceed will that install "over" the newer version I currently have installed (Multibeast 5.5.1)? Will that affect the other "options" (for lack of a better word) I previously installed with Multibeast 5.5.1?

I'm not sure if this is right but, to answer my own question, you can use the Multibeast installer for most changes. In other words, you do not have to delete all the kext (or are they called "kernels") files prior to running multibeast as it will install over the existing files (or simply modify them, I'm not sure). In the event that you no longer want a kext file installed you must manually remove it (multibeast does not "uninstall" kext files).

I give myself a 50/50 chance on the above paragraph being wrong. In either case thank you again for the description on how to resolve the audio issue - worked great for me.

The Multibeast 5.3.1 solution seems to have worked for me.
Same story:

1. Installed 10.8.5 OSX update
2. No AUDIO (happens after update sometimes)
3. Installed latest 898 NoDSDT from Multibeast 5.5.1
4. Spotify / Chrome scratchy audio after a little bit (iTunes seemed fine)

Solution
1. Installed 898 NoDSDT from Multibeast 5.3.1
2. Restarted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8 - durr)
3. Everything is gravy..

I had the same problem with a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, after the update to 10.8.5.
I tried to reinstall Multibeast 5.5.3 as a full upgrade, but that didn't solve.
So I tried to install just the audio driver from MultiBeast 5.4.3 (which I think are the same found in 5.3.1) and this fixed the problem.
Thanks!

I also had this same problem after upgrading to 10.8.5 with the supplemental update. Previously I was running 10.8.2.

I noticed the fuzzy audio in players that loaded from the web browser and also iTunes. Restarted the programs fixed the audio. After reading the posts here I downloaded 5.3.1 and reinstalled the 898 audio driver. So far this seems to fix it.

This worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back