Contribute
Register

Z77 mATX Motherboards and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - Luck with it...

If I could please run this last thing by you.

It goes into manual sleep and out fine(short term). If I let it go to sleep on it's own for an hour(?) and wake it up with the keyboard, the mouse pointer is thin and the system is unresponsive. I think the green light on the MB is solid.

Again thank-you for directly answering my questions, this is the best build I've done so far (especially ease of installation).

I did run the Please Sleep

This would all be easier if you system specs were in your profile... What video card are you using?

Not using PleaseSleep although I have i the past. Please sleep only helps put the machine to sleep when autosleep doesn't work properly. You might disabling ASMedia USB 3.0 ports in the bios and see if that's the issue.

I did the XMP1 and got 14,400 geekbench. I then went back to manual and set the blck to 103 and memory speed to 22,000 and got 14,825 geekbench. Sleep does seem to awake fine now. My network has to be plugged in when I boot. If I plug it in after the computer is up, it doesn't work.

I did the XMP1 and got 14,400 geekbench. I then went back to manual and set the blck to 103 and memory speed to 22,000 and got 14,825 geekbench. Sleep does seem to awake fine now. My network has to be plugged in when I boot. If I plug it in after the computer is up, it doesn't work.

You should try the new Realtek Ethernet driver by Mieze. I've had much better success with it than using the drivers built-in MultiBeast.

Good luck.

+1 on the Mieze driver.

Thanks for the heads up on Mieze.

Last night I turned off turbo and followed a P8Z77-V Pro overclocking guide.
CPU 4.5ghz the CPU VCore is on offset and reads out around 1.362(?)
mem 2400mhz

Geekbench 15,770

When I put the Comp into sleep it appears to go completely asleep but when I let it go automatically, while the screen goes black, the power supply keeps running and I can hear the DVR polling every few minutes. Another funny characteristic, it boots real fast but it takes a while to turn off. The screen displays white with the spinning wheel for a while.

Chris

Nothing personal, keep screwing with OCing and you will hose your install. This board is as close to the perfect hack board you're are going to find, so run the board as it was designed to run... A few 100Mhz either way doesn't make a bit of difference in anything you do, it's all just bragging rights.

If you just feel the need and can't help yourself, set the bios back to defaults and then set:

Mem profile to XMP, no need to manually set mem speed.
BCLK to 103 or 104, do not exceed 105.
Set turbo to 42

This will be a safe OC with no voltage changes and a GB score of high 15000's

My 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back