Contribute
Register

Z77 mATX Motherboards and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm missing the point. Is audio working on your Asus board?

Glad it's working... :clap:

Help needed .....
Long time gigabyte user but first time with MSI
New build with MSI Z77MA-G45 and i5 2500K .16gb patriot ram 1866mhz , ati firepro v5800 .
Trying to get windows 7 64 bit stable with 1 hdd attached before I install mountain lion on it's own hdd.

So far really not impressed with this board and windows performance , cpu temps are hotter than the gigabyte z68x ud3p board I've replaced.By at least 6 degrees c.
And cpu temps are fluctuating by 7 degrees celcius every few seconds.All at idle.
Also task manager shows cpu usage jumping between 34% and 24% when at idle?

Board shipped with bios v1.9 .Using my existing windows hdd from my previous gigabyte build.
Was prepared for a bit of a struggle in mountain lion but not in windows?

To me looks like i5 2500k is not compatible with this board even though MSI state it is ?

Much prefer the gigabyte uefi bios too , but that's beside the point now.

Help needed .....
Long time gigabyte user but first time with MSI
New build with MSI Z77MA-G45 and i5 2500K .16gb patriot ram 1866mhz , ati firepro v5800 .
Trying to get windows 7 64 bit stable with 1 hdd attached before I install mountain lion on it's own hdd.

So far really not impressed with this board and windows performance , cpu temps are hotter than the gigabyte z68x ud3p board I've replaced.By at least 6 degrees c.
And cpu temps are fluctuating by 7 degrees celcius every few seconds.All at idle.
Also task manager shows cpu usage jumping between 34% and 24% when at idle?

Board shipped with bios v1.9 .Using my existing windows hdd from my previous gigabyte build.
Was prepared for a bit of a struggle in mountain lion but not in windows?

To me looks like i5 2500k is not compatible with this board even though MSI state it is ?

Much prefer the gigabyte uefi bios too , but that's beside the point now.
Since this is not a Windows forum I'm not sure how much help you'll get here. With that said, if you do a little research you'll find that no one here recommends running a Sandy Bridge processor on a Z77 board. Of course the review on this board was done with an Ivy Bridge 3570K.

I have run the MSI board with a SB 2600k and it truly sucked! I'm also guessing your fluctuating temps coincide with your fluctuating CPU usage, so when you were in task manager what process was eating cpu cycles? Likely a Trojan or an app looking for updates. Until you can prove the system stable in Windoze, don't bother with OSX.

I realise running a sandy b. on a z77 isn't ideal but as I was moving to matx anyway I went with the cheapest z77 I could get.
Really a stop gap to haswell and possibly ASUS Gryphon Z87
I may swap out the z77 for a z68 matx but there isn't much choice where I am.

ASUS Gryphon Z87 first look .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L8MTFpWiek

Is it safe to update my desktop to 10.8.4?

(MSI Z77MA-G45)

Hi,

"ASUS P8Z77-M PRO" with flashed latest BIOS mod.
I just finished the installing all the hardware into my new G5 case. Windows is working great, but I can't boot into the OSX installation.
Flashed the BIOS before booting anything. Can boot into my old Windows 8 installation without problems, but can't boot OSX from the Unibeast stick.

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

Edit:
solved! Had "Limit CPUID Maximum = enabled"…
After disable it boots!

Edit2:
Thanks for this guide! I have to confess, that I didn't stick to it and had just problems. After I did everything like you explained, it works! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back