Contribute
Register

Z77-DS3H with I7 3770 Hardtimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you did all the steps when made your installation pen?
I mean, your pen is formatted as Master boot record? and Mac os Extendend (Journaled)?

I m asking this because your last boot msg is "still waiting for root device".

you set everything to disabled mate? all xhci parameters?

Yes - looks like that turns off USB 3.0 support - but that got my system to boot off the hard drive and away from the "Still waiting for Root device" message. I just had to turn the main setting for xHCI in the peripherals tab from AUTO (the recommended setting) to DISABLED. I think that turned off all the rest of the settings as well.

im having the exact same problem to, but i cant find xHCI on my ASUS Z77 does any one got directions?

Yes, boot off the usb with the -v flag, when you see the 'still waiting for boot device', unplug the unibeast usb drive and plug it into another usb slot (not usb 3.0 but usb 2.0), that works for me on the Z77-DS3H board. I didnt need to do this with Lion but with ML, its the only way.

Good luck.

Are you sure you did all the steps when made your installation pen?
I mean, your pen is formatted as Master boot record? and Mac os Extendend (Journaled)?

I m asking this because your last boot msg is "still waiting for root device".

mmmm ive done it twice! i dont think that the unibeast is the problem! do you have any other idea of what could be causing this??

Allrighty. It is painful to read about so many people having trouble with this board.

I have the same board and i7-3770 CPU, and GA 6870 graphics. And I also had problems with a clean install. It failed after Multibeast. Here is how I got it working.

First, I took out my 6870 graphics card. The HD4000 will do for now, and I may sell this card.

Make sure you read the guides I have linked, in advance, and that you understand each step.

I have read the BIOS settings guide for 7-series Gigabyte boards here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

(Don't forget to set the ATA mode to UEFI.)

I followed that guide exactly.

Then I have read the ML installation guide, and followed it exactly:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

NOTE: You have to make your USB install drive before you start the whole process. During the OS install, if you are installing on a clean HD, it is better to have no other HD connected.

For the Multibeast 5.0.2 settings, I have used the settings in this post (#6 in the thread), EXCEPT the SSDT setting, which you don't need. I applied the Multibeast settings one at a time, and rebooted after each successful application:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...your-multibeast-5-screenshots.html#post414740

Sound, LAN, and HD4000 all working very well for me so far.

At this point, you could put back your 6870 based graphics card.

If you did a clean install on a new HD, like me, the Mac App store might show that you have already installed your purchases, and you have no way of installing them again. Don't panic. Eject the drive volume with your old Lion install (Finder will let you, even if it's internal), and re-lauch the Mac App store. Now the store can't find your old installs, and will let you re-install.

Good luck!

Yes - looks like that turns off USB 3.0 support - but that got my system to boot off the hard drive and away from the "Still waiting for Root device" message. I just had to turn the main setting for xHCI in the peripherals tab from AUTO (the recommended setting) to DISABLED. I think that turned off all the rest of the settings as well.

please keep following this thread! im trying to follow ur advice but it takes time booting and rebooting

Allrighty. It is painful to read about so many people having trouble with this board.

I have the same board and i7-3770 CPU, and GA 6870 graphics. And I also had problems with a clean install. It failed after Multibeast. Here is how I got it working.

First, I took out my 6870 graphics card. The HD4000 will do for now, and I may sell this card.

Make sure you read the guides I have linked, in advance, and that you understand each step.

I have read the BIOS settings guide for 7-series Gigabyte boards here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

I followed that guide exactly.

Then I have read the ML installation guide, and followed it exactly:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

NOTE: You have to make your USB install drive before you start the whole process. During the OS install, if you are installing on a clean HD, it is better to have no other HD connected.

For the Multibeast 5.0.2 settings, I have used the settings in this post (#6 in the thread), EXCEPT the SSDT setting, which you don't need. I applied the Multibeast settings one at a time, and rebooted after each successful application:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...your-multibeast-5-screenshots.html#post414740

Sound, LAN, and HD4000 all working very well for me so far.

At this point, you could put back your 6870 based graphics card.

If you did a clean install on a new HD, like me, the Mac App store might show that you have already installed your purchases, and you have no way of installing them again. Don't panic. Eject the drive volume with your old Lion install (Finder will let you, even if it's internal), and re-lauch the Mac App store. Now the store can't find your old installs, and will let you re-install.

Good luck!

Thanks mate! but could i try this with the native graphics from my motherboard?

Yes, boot off the usb with the -v flag, when you see the 'still waiting for boot device', unplug the unibeast usb drive and plug it into another usb slot (not usb 3.0 but usb 2.0), that works for me on the Z77-DS3H board. I didnt need to do this with Lion but with ML, its the only way.

Good luck.

also suggested for a gigabyte motherborad? sound pretty "dangerous" to me

im having the exact same problem to, but i cant find xHCI on my ASUS Z77 does any one got directions?

This is OT in a Gigabyte thread but: Asus Bios > Advanced > USB Configuration > Intel xHCI Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back