Contribute
Register

Z77-DS3H with I7 3770 Hardtimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG i got it working, i unplugged the unibeast usb from the motherboard and plugged it into a front panel usb 2.0 and now im at boot!!!

Thanks so much coderiver!

also what i booted into was

GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x

worked like a charm...

omg i got it working, i unplugged the unibeast usb from the motherboard and plugged it into a front panel usb 2.0 and now im at boot!!!

Thanks so much coderiver!

Also what i booted into was

graphicsenabler=no -v -x

worked like a charm...

coderiver deserves a throne :d

BTW, I only needed to do this after the unibeast install and boot up. Once I ran multibeast (including 3rd party USB3.0 drivers) I was able to turn xHCI back on to auto. About this mac reports high speed usb but I don't have any devices to verify it is really working or not. But it does boot up now with xHCI turned back on to auto.
I always booted with -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
Once you run multi beast - there are options to set these boot flags automagically.

Just built my first Ivy Bridge and it was a breeze. I will post my throughput for you on USB3 USB 3.0 Super Speed Ports. I am on Mountain Lion USB Fresh Install and used the no-dsdt 5.0.2 MultiBeast with ALC 887/888b (goto sound panel set to internal speakers) current and Atheros Networking Intel 4000 Graphics on i7-3770K haven't tested HDMI but DVI works OOB at 1920x1080 synced to my LCD. This was how simple it was for me to get a stable system so far after an hour but no KP's ever on the Z77-DS3H F5Bios.

I am getting USB3 speeds without any extra Kext installs. There are only 2 ports on the back that are USB3 but there is a header on the board that I am not using either that would allow USB3 in the front so if you hooked yours up, so it should work also I would assume.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-25 at 12.43.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-25 at 12.43.41 PM.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-25 at 12.49.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-25 at 12.49.18 PM.png
    30 KB · Views: 147
Isn't the Activity monitor reporting HD IO and not USB IO? I saw the same report in the About My Mac as you are showing but the ports did not work. It said the were High Speed ports but they did not power a USB stick. But I read somewhere they will only work with USB 3 devices. Are you able to test with a USB 3 device? I am guessing my USB flash drives are not.

Isn't the Activity monitor reporting HD IO and not USB IO? I saw the same report in the About My Mac as you are showing but the ports did not work. It said the were High Speed ports but they did not power a USB stick. But I read somewhere they will only work with USB 3 devices. Are you able to test with a USB 3 device? I am guessing my USB flash drives are not.

That screen cap is showing the Data throughput of a USB3 hard drive copying a 2.89 Gig file to my desktop SATA drive. I don't plug USB 2 devices into my USB 3 as I have had problems in the past (not on this system though, never tested) with USB 2 on USB 3. I know the data is correctly showing USB 3 speed as I goofed up the first install and thought I needed the USB3 kext from MB and it only gave me 30Mbit instead of 100Mbit on the scale.

This same hard drive swaps the bottom plate out as a Segate Go Drive so I can use Firewire 800 as a connector and even if I wanted to use USB 2 I could snap a plate on for it. But I have a USB 3 plate hooked on the bottom and each plate is snapped into the SATA port on the drive so they are USB3/SATA or FW800/SATA on the drive. So my Macbook Pro is older but has FW800 and when I snap that plate on Activity Monitor gives my Data Throughput at 65Mbit Read/Write.

I am Pretty sure my post above is a valid readout for USB 3 speeds. But if you want me to do a different test let me know what to use and how. I chose SATA as the writing device so I know it wouldn't slow the USB 3, had I gone USB 3 to USB 2 you would only see the Max Data for USB 2 as the 3 would be limited by the 2.

Ah - I get it now. So it seems like to USB 3.0 is really working! That is great news. My screen reports the same thing so I guess I will be good to go if I ever get a 3.0 device to use.

Thanks for the feedback.

Isn't the 3rd Party USB 3 kext in MultiBeast not compatible with this board?

Isn't the 3rd Party USB 3 kext in MultiBeast not compatible with this board?

this is without the third party drivers. multibeast 5.02 just works with this board.

Yeah no kext required for USB 3 that was my first goof up as I thought I had to install one at first. I didn't install any other kexts besides Audio 887/888b and set internal speakers on the sound panel and then Atheros driver. This board was a breeze to setup considering my first ever build took weeks to sort out as it was years ago. And you don't need a Video Card!

Oh and BTW don't use the RGB DSub Video to connect with, just use the DVI if you are going onboard Intel4000. I will try the HDMI later I am just sticking with DVI for now as I just found the RGB port locks up for some reason, but it was on accident as I was flipping between 2 computers and tried out the RGB source knowing it was the only thing I changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back