Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Yes it should show up as XDBG, but only in the GSWApp SSDT.

It may be helpful to run this in Terminal:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt. Please post that file.

Hi Casey
When you're available, please take a look at the bootlog. Need help to understand what I am missing here

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    250.6 KB · Views: 33
Hi Casey
When you're available, please take a look at the bootlog. Need help to understand what I am missing here
Apologies for the late reply. I looked at the boot log a day or two ago and it looks fine. I was expecting to see a failure in loading one of the system SSDTs, but no such failure occurs.

At this point we have to look at other options, of which there may be very few. One option is to drop the GSWApp table altogether and see what happens. It may make things worse, but it is something to try.

Apologies for the late reply. I looked at the boot log a day or two ago and it looks fine. I was expecting to see a failure in loading one of the system SSDTs, but no such failure occurs.

At this point we have to look at other options, of which there may be very few. One option is to drop the GSWApp table altogether and see what happens. It may make things worse, but it is something to try.
No need to mention apologies, I was able to fix many issues thanks to your guides. With all my other builds, I always managed to figure things out just by reading here. But with this one it was very difficult for me, I don't know if it's because of the type of USB implementation that this motherboard has or what. The EFI is based on a combination of readings from your Z690 Aero G and Asus Z690 ProArt guides (for the onboard Thunderbolt and Aquantia Ethernet)
If you need me to attach any more information let me know
Thank you!

@Talanca,

To drop the GSWApp table, we just have to do this:

Add an entry in ACPI -> Delete:
  • TableSignature: SSDT
  • OemTableId: 47 53 57 41 70 70
  • TableLength: 0
  • Comment: Drop table GSWApp
  • Enabled: True

@Talanca,

To drop the GSWApp table, we just have to do this:

Add an entry in ACPI -> Delete:
  • TableSignature: SSDT
  • OemTableId: 47 53 57 41 70 70
  • TableLength: 0
  • Comment: Drop table GSWApp
  • Enabled: True
It does exactly the same.
First sleep does it correctly and wakes up.
On the second attempt, it enters doing the characteristic "click" sound but the power led remains on, and after a few seconds it restarts. I will continue searching and testing...I'm worried because at this point it's becoming an obsession :evil:
I saw that users solved the problem by modifying the igpu memory allocation in the bios, despite the fact that this configuration does not support iGPU, but in this case the option does not appear in the bios as it is a i7 processor without integrated graphics
Thanks for your help!!!

I finally got my Thunderbolt 4 GC-Maple-Ridge working, all my USB ports mapped, Resizable bar enabled, Audio working, etc. The last things I need to do now are sort out secure booting, and enabling the TPM, etc., in the BIOS.

I have a couple of questions for the others running Alder Lake. In the BIOS I have Hyper Threading enabled, all P Cores, all E cores, Speedstep, etc. So in theory that should all be working as well on MacOS. It's a 12900K i9 I have fitted, so it should say 16 Core (8P & 8E) and 24 threads. On "System Report" its saying 24 core Hyperthreading disabled. Any way to correct this?

Am I missing something? I have the CPU spoofed in OpenCore 0.7.9 to say its a Comet Lake, as that's the guide I followed on Dortania. As the recommended version to set up for Alder Lake, along with some other quirks, and deletion/substitution of SSDT's. to reflect the differences. The CPU shows correct power management setup in IOReg. giving back the expected data.

Finally is there some way to change the listing on hackintool USB to let me add the actual Controller name, instead of ??? as it reports. I know this is just a cosmetic thing, but it would be nice if I could edit these. As I have the device names as reported in windows.
were you able to get hot swap working with maple ridge z690 ud?

Intel i5 14600KF first geekbench 6 test

14600KF.png

Hi
I updated to OC 0.9.5 along with macOS 13.5.2 and the CPU acceleration vectors seem to have been changed AGAIN. I was getting 5.4GHz on my 13700K with identical bench and performance results between Windows and macOS with a CPUFriendDataProvider.kext downloaded from github.
Now after update, it only reaches 4.3GHz.
Is there a guide to creating the CPUFriendDataProvider.kext for Alder/Raptor Lake?
I tried CPUFrienFriend many times and it doesn't work for me. I'm tired of having to wait for someone to open a case and wait to some other upload it to OC bugreports on github to update it.

These were my Geekbench 6 results before update

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 13.42.40.png

and Geekbench 6 results after update:

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 12.08.26.png

Last edited:
Back