Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Has anyone had any problems with USB drives/hubs? My ROG strix z690-i (13600kf) gets a kernel panic with a drive attached after the Ventura 13.2 update.

Have tried -
- New USB mapping and rebuilt SSDTs. Bare bones. KP happens with just a usb3 hub on monitor attached to thunderbolt controller without anything on mapped/unmapped ports.
- SIP disabled/enabled + security default/disabled. Consits on either.
- Reinstalled Mac OS - noticed, that everything seems to work as should on recovery os (so might be software related)
- Even tried the CaseySJ prebuilt EFI upgraded to latest OC/KEXTs.

Still to try-
- BIOS rollback to 2103
- Monterey on a empty drive.

Any ideas?
If anybody has had similar problems - updating to beta OC 0.9 fixed this for me.

I'm 77 years old, and I will never stop trying! I just ordered Gigabyte Z790 AERO D with 64 gigs of DDR5 6000 CL 40 40 40 raRAMm. I'm looking forward to using Ventura on it. Merry Christmas to everyone from the old man on the Carolina Coast.
I finally got tired of waiting for Gig Z790 Aero to be in stock. I decided to go with a Z690 Aero G, completed build in early March.

I finally got tired of waiting for Gig Z790 Aero to be in stock. I decided to go with a Z690 Aero G, completed build in early March.
I'm not that far behind you as I missed Steve Jobs by a year at the high school I graduated from and it wasn't long after that this crazy fruit company he got involved in started making these home computer whatchamacallits that seemed to have made an impact on society - to put it veeeeery lightly.

Good for you on your latest build. I'd like to go out with a final Ryzentosh before the ARM age takes over and leaves us X86 Hackintoshers in the dust with whatever final macOS we can successfully run.

I'm not that far behind you as I missed Steve Jobs by a year at the high school I graduated from and it wasn't long after that this crazy fruit company he got involved in started making these home computer whatchamacallits that seemed to have made an impact on society - to put it veeeeery lightly.

Good for you on your latest build. I'd like to go out with a final Ryzentosh before the ARM age takes over and leaves us X86 Hackintoshers in the dust with whatever final macOS we can successfully run.
IMHO Mojave rules them all.

trying install 13.3 update and got this error

panic(cpu @ caller OxffffFF80063a125b): Should have 16 Cores, but only found 18 for Die @ @cpu_threads.c:1698

i5-12600KF
I tried iMacPro 1.1 and Mac Pro 7.1, there is no difference.
Any ideas?

Update: fix, c-state in BIOS was off.

Last edited:
kingston nv2 1 tb ssd nvme pcie
Brand does matter for your NVMe choice, especially with Ventura. The two proven compatible choices are WD_Black SN7770 and SN850X. Prices are about the same as you'll pay for other major brand name NVMe drives.

Last edited:
I'd like to add my beloved budget KingSpec to the 'Proven' brand list!. My NE-128 is still installing after 4 years of use, currently running Ventura 13.3. Go NE-128!.

I'd like to add my beloved budget KingSpec to the 'Proven' brand list!. My NE-128 is still installing after 4 years of use, currently running Ventura 13.3. Go NE-128!.
Good to hear it's working well for you.

hi i'm switcher and new hehe.

is my first time building a hackintosh and this is my buy list:

gigabyte z690i aorus ultra ddr4
kingston fury beast 2x32gb ddr 4
intel core i9 12900k
kingston nv2 1 tb ssd nvme pcie
gigabyte radeon rx6600xt
kingston kc600 1tb ssd
cooler master 850w
cooler master sickleflow 120mm
cooler master g200p
and case braveman b2 plus imitation mac pro 7.1

need their opinions, is a good configuration for install ventura? need add any more?

thank you so much.

Back