Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 57
4.9 - 5.2

Thanks for that!

I just tried 12.3 and its the same story. I've used both a data provider from iMacPro and MacPro but I made those myself. Possibly user error?.

To cover my tracks a little more I've used CPUFriendDataProvider and CPUFriendDataProvider-iMacPro that I've taken from successful builds and still the same thing.

I suppose I could try a different SMBIOS or try flashing my bios itself to rule out anything there. One note is that I recently starting using CFGLock=Disabled in bios as opposed to doing it in OpenCore. Seems odd but worth a shot I guess.--Didn't change anything

SOLVED!!!

I enabled AppleXcpmForceBoost and she went flying.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 10.21.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 10.22.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 10.21.28 AM.png

Last edited:
Maybe it helps. Monterey 12.3.
i9-12900K (8P+8E) reported as "16 cores" with "hyperthreading activated" (both of which are actually correct…); 24 threads in Activity Monitor, and I assume that they can all activate under load.
Is there a difference in CPU performance with previous macOS versions or is it purely cosmetic? (We know there's another issue with GPUs and 12.3…)

I browsed @NorthAmTransAm's build back and forth without finding corresponding screenshots about cores/threads and hyperthreading. But there's an issue with CPU performance—under Big Sur.
Geekbench 5 at 1900/13216 under 11.6.4 in the first post. 1438/11440 (worse) and 1804/12801 (equivalent?) under 11.6.5 seven pages later.
Is it the same problem as @StefanAM or something different?

i9-12900K (8P+8E) reported as "16 cores" with "hyperthreading activated" (both of which are actually correct…); 24 threads in Activity Monitor, and I assume that they can all activate under load.
Is there a difference in CPU performance with previous macOS versions or is it purely cosmetic? (We know there's another issue with GPUs and 12.3…)

I browsed @NorthAmTransAm's build back and forth without finding corresponding screenshots about cores/threads and hyperthreading. But there's an issue with CPU performance—under Big Sur.
Geekbench 5 at 1900/13216 under 11.6.4 in the first post. 1438/11440 (worse) and 1804/12801 (equivalent?) under 11.6.5 seven pages later.

For clarity:

macOS Monterey 12.3
  • Hardware Overview-Hyper-Threading Technology: Disabled
  • Intel Power Gadget reporting 5 Ghz
  • GB5 1850/13032
macOS Big Sur 11.6.5
  • Intel Power Gadget reporting 5 Ghz
  • GB5 1527/11835
I'm guessing the Hardware Overview-Hyper-Threading Technology: Disable is just cosmetic.

Last edited:

I always use the latest OS. And my results in Monterey are staying around this values:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.png
    2.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 80
Is anybody having slowdown issues with i225-V and >300Mbps download speeds? I get 1Gbps on my home network but my Hackintosh is only able to pull ~200-400Mbps and when it's downloading my entire system slows to a crawl (apps take 1-2 mins to open, generally unresponsive). If I inject F3158680 into the right PciRoot path (checked with gfxutil) or don't inject anything at all, the problem still persists. Strangely, upload seems to be fine, I can upload at 800Mbps no problem without any slowdown.

I have an i9-12900k with an ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E motherboard, and I'm on macOS Monterey 12.2.1. I can attach my EFI and/or config.plist if someone wants to take a look.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone's been doing!

Last edited:
Hi, I wanted to post one final update on HT, with my CpuTopologyRebuild.kext results.

In Geekbench, with the kext enabled, I got scores of:
Single Core: 1863 Multi Core: 11529

Which are in line with results from my Windows 11 installation. With the kext disabled, my scores were:
Single Core: 1535 Multi Core: 11064

Also in System Report - before the kext was enabled - total number of cores was shown as 16, and HT was disabled. After being enabled, total number of cores was shown as 10, and HT was enabled. I've included screenshots below.

So, it seems this kext is doing something on my system, at least.

Update: After running more benchmarks, with CpuTopologyRebuild disabled, I got a Geekbench score nearly identical to the one with the kext enabled. So, now I'm unsure if it actually does anything, apart from show the correct number of cores and HT enabled in System Report. (Edit: for clarity).

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 63
  • After.png
    After.png
    499.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hi, I wanted to post one final update on HT, with my CpuTopologyRebuild.kext results.

In Geekbench, with the kext enabled, I got scores of:
Single Core: 1863 Multi Core: 11529

Which are in line with results from my Windows 11 installation. With the kext disabled, my scores were:
Single Core: 1535 Multi Core: 11064

Also in System Report - before the kext was enabled - total number of cores was shown as 16, and HT was disabled. After being enabled, total number of cores was shown as 10, and HT was enabled. I've included screenshots below.

So, it seems this kext is doing something on my system, at least.

Update: After running more benchmarks, with CpuTopologyRebuild disabled, I got a Geekbench score nearly identical to the one with the kext enabled. So, now I'm unsure if it actually does anything, apart from show the correct number of cores and HT enabled in System Report. (Edit: for clarity).
Are you using CPUFriend. + CpuTopologyRebuild together?

macOS Monterey 12.3 with CPUFriend + CpuTopologyRebuild 1.0.1 (link)
  • Intel Power Gadget reporting 5.1 Ghz
  • GB5 1935/13299
Thats a boost to me!

Other test with a simple DataProvider show similar results. Fun to test though!

Last edited:
Anyone have asus strix e z690 ddr5? I have a weird issue where sleep works but after the 4-5th sleep the system completely just powers off. I can’t tell if it happens during the sleep attempt or what but whenever I come back to the system I just see it completely off after using it for a day or 2. Any ideas on what log I should look at ?

@Hadobedo just noticed you have same board . Do you have any experience with the sleep issue ? FYI I have 1gigabit internet and I can get full 1gbps down and up (980 Mbps) on the built in i225V. I have to inject the device property or else my Ethernet won’t work at all. I am also not using it with any kext . If you don’t have any sleep issue could you please share your efi so I can compare. Thanks .

Last edited:
Are you using CPUFriend. + CpuTopologyRebuild together?

macOS Monterey 12.3 with CPUFriend + CpuTopologyRebuild 1.0.1 (link)
  • Intel Power Gadget reporting 5.1 Ghz
  • GB5 1935/13299
Thats a boost to me!

Back