Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Ok, I am a colossal idiot. My hack was working totally perfectly. Boot into Windows; I wasn't paying attention in Diskpart, and I accidentally cleaned my OpenCore bootable USB drive (intended a different drive, duh me). Fortunately, I had backed up the SMBIOS/UUID/etc. info. So not the end of the world. But I did not have a backup yet of the entire drive itself. So currently recreating it.

Having a problem and this is a first for any hack I've done.. any idea what is causing this? Boot stops every time on those ACPI warnings, roughly the same place, never gets past it. Never seen this before :D

Any obvious ideas?

P.S. At the advice given earlier, I'm taking notes and screenshots to do a guide on this build. AsRock z690 Extreme 6E, i9-12900K.
My asrock z690 after update 4.0.1 bios:)
Did you solve the issue? If not, a little later I’ll tell you which parameter to enable in the BIOS (how I get to the PC), which helped me.

A general advice: I am running Monterey on a Z690M Plus, the cheapest Asus board. The M.2 slot is not CNVI locked so I can use it with original Apple WiFi card and adapter. The system is doing great so far even though multi-core scores a slightly lower than Windows. I have only P Cores active to avoid scheduler issues with audio apps.

I also tested the Z690 UD. This board uses A LOT more power from the wall (using a kill-a-watt from the plug) when running Cinebench r15 giving the same scores or even slightly lower. The setup is the same for every other part. I was just swapping the board. I know most people don't care about efficiency but I'm talking 240w vs 280w. Idle power is 2 watts lower on the Gigabyte to be fair.

Both systems are running with -0.04 undervolt and +2 turbo bins overclock, LLC set to "low" winch is basically one step higher than Intel spec "standard" setting.

Also the Gigabyte has no M.2 WiFi slot to be used.

Attachments

• 12700test.png
    12700test.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 130
MaLd0N confirmed on InsanelyMac that Clover 5144 enables Alder Lake builds with P+HT+E. Incidentally, he also reported that the chipset H610 works as a hackintosh (there was not much doubt, but it's good to know).

Long-time Clover users need not pester they have to learn OpenCore to make the jump to Alder Lake… ;)

Successfully installed Monterey on a Gigabyte Z690 ITX board this morning. Dual booting with Windows 10. All went well except that the integrated BT/WiFI is not working.

Last edited:
Anyone have any guess if Alpine Ridge will work on z690 boards?

Guys, is DDR5 OK with macOS on this platform?

Back