Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

Now you just gotta learn Russian
or read the OpenCore instructions :

Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 11.30.22.png

Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 11.34.54.png

Well, I've already fixed the Russian by deleting the "prev-lang:kbd" string and reset the NVRAM again. I've finished the first stage of installation and the system auto-rebooted. Then, it tried to load the USB again but got into a boot loop. That means, the USB flash drive somehow got corrupted. I'll format another USB drive and try again. Thanks everyone for the help. Hopefully, the hard part should be over now.

@phantom8, here is actual EFI with NIC patch.
And with "prev-lang:kbd" :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 115
@barri, my RX560 work out of the box, I think your RX550 too.
I have only one trouble: first time I used DVI-HDMI convertor with HDMI-HDMI cable - I got red screen on macos (in Windows all was OK), after plugging native cable DVI-HDMI I got clear picture ;)
Many thanks!! I will keep it in mind

@barri: i personally would go for either a beefier power supply (850W) or at least a better efficiency grade (80+ Gold or better). Even though you are not using a demanding GPU, this may change in the future and the 12900K can be very demanding, depending on workloads.
Many thanks, I suspected it. I will go for a 850W one. Thanks!!

No wake issues by mapping as 0 and 3? Are some of SSDT-USBW.aml, USBWakeFixup.kext, SSDT-GPRW.aml, and/or GPRW patch enabled in your EFI? If there are no sleep issues when connecting USB keyboard or devices to USB type-A connectors, may be there is something different between Z690 Steel Legend and Pro RS.

None that I've noticed so far. None of the patches are enabled. My keyboard and mouse are both plugged into the ports by the PS2 port which are 2.0 only. Also have a Logitech webcam, Xbox controller, and HP printer plugged in.

I've finished the first stage of installation and the system auto-rebooted. Then, it tried to load the USB again but got into a boot loop. That means, the USB flash drive somehow got corrupted. I'll format another USB drive and try again. Thanks everyone for the help. Hopefully, the hard part should be over now.
I thought my USB flash drive corrupted, but it's not. A newly created USB drive resulted in the same boot loop. I've a few HDDs & SSDs already installed in the system with Windows, Ubuntu and an old Mojave with Clover bootloader. It seemed the system was confused by all these bootable EFI partitions. I had to remove them by rename all these EFI folders to something else (too lazy to unplug). Afterwards, the system can continue the Monterey installation by choosing "MacOS Install". I've now a working hackintosh. Thanks everyone for the help, especially sonny362 for the EFI folder.

Back