Contribute
Register

Z68XP UD3 Can't Past Apple Logo White Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I have just realized that I indeed used imac as system definition...does that conflict with user DSDT ?

Well the USERDSDT does have Mac Pro 3,1 as the system definition - and in my experience it works better than the iMac one. The only thing is that if you use Mac Pro 3,1 it will probably not allow you to do certain updates such as the Macbook Air/iMac graphics cards. Actually I've been using Mac Pro definition for both my new Hackintoshes on 10.8.2 recently and they are fine. Ideally Mac Pro 3,1 IS the right definition, because you have a much larger card. Having that in there will allow you to install the Nvidia GEForce and CUDA drivers.

I got really Pissed off trying to figure all this out. Had crashes panics and all kids of things. This was my last attempt

Here is a recap of what I have done:

I had all plugged: Video Card, Hard Drives, PCI card, Network cable...

Booted computer from USB -v GraphicsEnabler=No

Formatted the drive

Installed OSX

Rebooted

Run Kextbeast to put in ATI6000Controller.kext

Without restarting Run Multibeast and Followed Mörkö's settings

Also, from the DSDT database I have pulled Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 F1 (Although my version is F2) and put it on the desktop

Installed everything

Repaired Permissions

Rebooted

Everything Seems to be working except network.

Can I just reinstall the driver using a different one? Cause Intel hnak's driver doesn't seem to be working... or do I have to delete some files first?

I got really lost trying to figure it out. This was my last shot at Hackintosh. After this, I am not gonna mes arround anymore. If this set up works, let it be.

Other than that this is much more complicated than I thought it would be.

Thank you all for your help!!!!!! you guys rock and I am a noob!

Well there's no need to get frustrated. Just so happens your build is a little buggier than some.

No need to get frustrated as the whole idea of hackintoshing is majority based on testing and seeing what works. If you come across a kext that seems to crash then don't use it. But yes, you gotta have patience.

If you have a working system, the quickest way to recover from your misery is to get it from a backup drive. If you have a spare hard disk or 32gig thumbstick I'd advise you to clone the working drive with an app like Superduper. So that if things go wrong, you just clone it back and reboot - simple. Saves you much more time than having to reinstall everything.

I don't know what you've tried so I don't know. But if your network has been conflicting with either/or the Lnx2mac or Hnak's network drivers, then you may be better off getting a cheap Realtek or Intel PCIe network and using that instead. That usually solves the problem. For example I got a Realtek network card in one of my machines when one of the ports didn't work and used the actual Realtek OEM driver for OSX from Multibeast. And the card worked..

Z68XP UD3 Can't Past Apple Logo White Screen [SOLVED] -read last post!

I have installed lnx2mac internet driver and everything seems to be working.

This turned to be much more easier than I thought. I have just used SDST for my GA-Z68XP-UD3 F1 (although my board is F2)

Internet is working, PCIFW800 and ilok dongle is properly recognized...this is all I need to run my East West library...

UA Apollo is working through PCI FW800 and it's super excellent!

Thank you all for your help, you guys are amazing and thank you moderators for making all this possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back