2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know what I did wrong...
Updated BIOS firmware to F2

Radeon 6850 plugged in, connected HDMI to Monitor
all hard drives off, SSD drive OSX formated, plugged to 1 on SATA

Ram is out, everything else disconnected except mouse and keyboard. I have trashed ATI6000Controller.kext file from the flash drive

What Am I doing wrong???!!!

Just shows me white apple logo screen, the circle spins for a few rounds and then it freezes...

Everything wrong lol......why is the RAM out for instance? Without RAM, how else is your machine going to run?

I can point you to a few pointers:

1) Put the RAM module back in.
2) Take away your ATI card for now. Connect your monitor to the DVI port on your board so you can use the Intel graphics instead for the install.
3) Connect your SSD to SATA0, and any other drives to SATA1 (if you wish)
4) Reboot into your BIOS and CHECK YOUR SETTINGS. Your BIOS flash would have most likely changed so you need to change them again.

I would recommend the following changes:

SATA Controller = Enabled
SATA Mode = AHCI
Init Display = AUTO
Internal Graphics Enabled
Video RAM = 32MB
DVMT Memory Size = MAX
Intel Rapid Start Technology = Off
Intel Virtualisation = on
Intel VT-d = off
USB 3.0 = On
XHCI = AUTO
Preboot XHCI detection = on
XHCI handoff = on
EHCI handoff = on
Intel Smart Connect Technology = Off
Intel Smart Response Technology = Off
High Precision Event Timer = on
Power = S3 settings

5) Booting with Unibeast in USB 2.0 slot, use -v -x to boot into OSX Installer.
When it is finished, reboot with -v -x to continue your install.
Install ATI drivers first with Multibeast when boot succeeds. Then shut down system. Plug ATI card and try again.

EDIT: To add your soundcard + network drivers, run Multibeast and in addition to ATI drivers also install USERDSDT, Without DSDT Realtek ALC889 Audio; and Lnx2Mac's Realtek Ethernet drivers

Only one board of ram stayed in....Radeon was in with that kext removed.

I have typed in GraphicsEnabler=No and it seemed to be working. I have managed to go through Installation...

And now what do I do? I have to put back that ATI6000Controller.kext back to where?

As I understood your post do I download Multibeast to a flash drive and load it in in my Hackintosh Mountain Lion machine???

I ran Multibeast and installed all the drivers and stuff...
Do I have to Have USB flash drive in all the time and press F12 and type in GraphicsEnabler=NO every time I start the computer???

I ran Multibeast and installed all the drivers and stuff...
Do I have to Have USB flash drive in all the time and press F12 and type in GraphicsEnabler=NO every time I start the computer???

No need to be frustrated. In my years of working on computers that's the last thing you wanna do. Just stay calm, and trust it'll work itself out....

No you don't have to - what you need to do is first install Chameleon and Chimera bootloader via Multibeast installer and point it to your ML SSD drive and save. That will sort out your USB stick-booting issue.

As for the GraphicsEnabler, just edit it under /Extras folder on your ML hard drive in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
Right click and open it with the Textedit app
Before Kernel Flags section add it above Kernel Flags part to:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

Then hit Save under File and reboot.

I have found Chimera but not Chameleon...

I have Chameleon 2.0 only under Themes...is this it?

If you did the install correctly, Multibeast should've intalled Chameleon for you. The only thing you would need is Chimera,
so I would suggest install that to your OSX HD.

After I installed Chameleon 2.0 theme and Chimera I get "You need to restart your computer" blocked screen....what's that ?

I didn't ask you to install Chameleon 2.0....only Chimera.
You may have to run Unibeast install again.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back