Contribute
Register

Z590 or Z690

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Middleman You are a legend! That worked a treat.

Now final thing(famous last words) is the Thunderbolt ports. Well its actually USB-C I am trying to get working fully through them.(I don't care mushc for thunderbolt but would be great if they did work for this.)
The ports work and mount drives but i'm only getting what seems like USB 2.0 Speeds. 40MB/s. The Same HDD via normal USB 3.0 gets 400MB/s.

Any ideas? Latest EFI attached.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35 MB · Views: 21
@Middleman You are a legend! That worked a treat.

Now final thing(famous last words) is the Thunderbolt ports. Well its actually USB-C I am trying to get working fully through them.(I don't care mushc for thunderbolt but would be great if they did work for this.)
The ports work and mount drives but i'm only getting what seems like USB 2.0 Speeds. 40MB/s. The Same HDD via normal USB 3.0 gets 400MB/s.

Any ideas? Latest EFI attached.

Thanks again.
try enabling:
SSDT-UIAC-Z590-VISION-D-front-USB30-C
and enable USBInjectAll.kext
disable USBMap.kext

also check over:
and re do your USB ports correctly if the above doesn't work

BrcmPatchRAM is not for Intel Wireless....
Well not exactly no. I was referring him to the BlueToolFixup.kext which is part of that stack and is only found in that repo, not the Brcm files themselves.

@alexjibcam,

For the Thunderbolt you’ll only need two other files - SSDT-DTPG.aml & SSDT-TB3HP.aml. Enable those and Thunderbolt should work also. Just remember to enable Thunderbolt in BIOS and the Allow USB over TB setting also. Yours should be a Maple Ridge chipset using TB4 but from what I’ve found TB4 SSDTs don’t work on macOS but TB3 SSDTs do on TB4 chipsets.

So they both worked a treat thanks again @Middleman & @Feartech.

Lost case front USBs but will do the remapping some other time....

So now another small aesthetical thing is coil whine from the radeon VII. I imagine this has somthing to do with no more iGPU. Any way to remidy this? Its a minor annoyance. Happens when theres any changed in pixels. Even on a blank screen when i move the mouse!

@alexjibcam - I too recently was forced to upgrade my components because my trusty Gigabyte Z390 failed after running solid for a few years and found myself in the same situation as your self on what platform to choose and opted for the Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Master.

To say it was a difficult journey compared to the Z390 is an understatement. The board is an abomination compared to the Z390 for any OS X installation IMHO. Although the CPU Socket is 10th Gen and 11th Gen compatible, with a 10th Gen CPU the M.2 Slot (directly under the CPU) is only compatible with an 11th Gen CPU.

That arrangement is so crazy as an 11th Gen Rocket Lake CPU is not OS X compatible and your choice of a Mac Model is limited to a Mac Pro either 1.1 or 7.1 so you cannot run your Hack in Headless mode only with 10th Gen but then you cannot utilise all the M.2 Slots.

Looking at your EFI Folder I am somewhat alarmed at all the SSDT Files and kexts you have enabled and wonder if the system is stable. Sorry if this is coming across as being critical but I started my build with the bare minimum files so that I don't have to wonder too much where or what file is causing a panic and everything apart from T/B (haven't bothered to configure it) works on my system.

Apart from that everything works like a real Mac even running Ventura in its latest Beta stage. In essence I wish I still had my Z390 as that board was/is far superior compared to this one. The one upside to this Z590, it made use of my Fenvi T-919 Card redundant as the native inbuilt Intel Card is available albeit with some extra kexts which made available the extra slot.
I have attached my EFI Folder for you or anyone to peruse or critique as you/they wish.

Good luck with the new Build.
PS - Had to remove the Resources Folder for the upload.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.9 MB · Views: 52
Thanks @esadeddia. Yes I've been sratching my head thinking a 10900K may have been better to run iGPU although permornace seems sharp in DaVinci and FCPX. The CPU Nvme is Blistering also!:
Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 22.05.22.png

They all seem to have a purpose. I adopted and updated most of them from @tsanko.dimitrov build:

Thanks @tsanko.dimitrov.

Happy to remove any that may be unessacary. Screen shot attacched:
Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 22.01.54.png

Thanks for the advise

@Middleman - Thanks, at the moment my build is running solid it was just a nightmare to start with compared with the z390, plus I have the choice of two CPUs' at my disposal 10th and 11th Gen that I can swop out at any time I was just disappointed the choice of Mac model was limited with the 11th Gen CPU not being able to use my integrated Graphics.

@alexjibcam - Happy it is working out for you, I really couldn't advise you on what to remove or what to keep as your needs maybe/will be different to mine, as long as you have a stable running machine is all that matters, I just thought I'd share my journey with the Z590.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back