Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
none
CPU
none
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Hi all,

I am looking for a motherboard to Build my first hackintosh.

Planning to get an intel i7 11700k.

I was hoping to have a TB4 motherboard, however prices seems a bit absurd as far as I checked.

But my main concern is compatibility. Do you know which Z590 would have the highest compatibility chance ?

Thank you !

Do you know which Z590 would have the highest compatibility chance ?
I've only seen two Z590 builds on this site so far and neither has used an 11th gen i7 or i9 CPU. So if you go this route it would be up to you mostly to figure out how to make it work. Support for Z590 is quite limited at this time. If this is your very first hackintosh build, I wouldn't recommend that you start out using an 11th gen system. You could use the 11700K with a Z490 motherboard. That is possible. It's still an LGA1200 chip.
Screen Shot 24.jpg

The best system for working TH3 which would also support and match well with your RX 6800 XT is the following:

Last edited:
Maybe moderator @UtterDisbelief would have more to add to this topic.

Hi there. Not really, that's a good summary.

Considering the amount of money invested in other components I'd be wary of a Z590 + 11th gen CPU just now.

For one thing, @trs96 is right, there are not many 500-series builds yet to give you tips and encouragement. You will need Big Sur to get all hardware working as intended.

The 11th gen CPU's built-in graphics are not supported at all so even using headless is unlikely.

Ditto what @trs96 said - if you want a well-tested build to base your first hack on, go with Z490 and @CaseySJ 's golden build.

Or if you feel adventurous go it alone with Z590 and our one confirmed build. I guess someone has to.

:)

if you want a well-tested build to base your first hack on, go with Z490 and @CaseySJ 's golden build.
Have to agree. Choosing a Golden Build that is actively supported is the best way to start out in hackintoshing. It will save a hackintosh newbie from a lot of this.. :banghead: and some swearing and cursing too.

I am currently using a Gigabyte Z590M Gaming X with i9 10900.
Working very well.
I have some considerations, only the M.2 PCIe 4.0 works if you are using an 11th generation CPU, and another point in the matter of kexts, which still doesn't show the rotation of the fans, only the temperatures of the core's.

I am currently using a Gigabyte Z590M Gaming X with i9 10900.
Working very well.
Hi, I have the same MB with an i5 11600K.
Would you share your EFI folder?
Do you have a walkthrough of the
Installation?

Thanks and all the best
Deejay

Hi, I have the same MB with an i5 11600K.
Would you share your EFI folder?
Do you have a walkthrough of the
Installation?

Thanks and all the best
Deejay
ok, I will do that.

Hi @DeeJay @LiveSorcerer I have the same MB build as you guys (@DeeJay I guess is the same build as yours: Z590M Gaming X + i5-11600k + RX 580). Did you guys manage to get everything working? I've been having problems with sleep/wake I still couldn't find a solution. Any working EFIs you could share or any other references? I've gone through every option I could think of, still nothing... Thanks!

Last edited:
I am pretty sure there is a thread that says z590 with 10 gen is ok but z590 with 11 gen is not a good choice. I think it also mentions that z490 with a 11 gen is not good choice. That said 10 gen is the last intel generation that apple has in a system. it would be best to dump what ever you have and get either z490 with 10gen or z690 with 12th gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back