Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

OriginalFirmware-Z590iTH4-test01.bin

View attachment 530965
View attachment 530964View attachment 530966
View attachment 530963

1. Yes
2. The hot-plug doesn't even work on windows.
3. Sleep does not work.
Hi @ori69

I have patched another one from OriginalFirmware-Z590iTH4-test01.bin file. I have included on firmware Titan Ridge device-id spoofing for NHI0, UPSB, DSBx and XHC. If you have some times, you could try it.

With this firmware, you don't need to enable two thunderbolt patching on OpenCore.

Attachments

• OriginalFirmware-Z590iTH4-test01_01.zip
    224.4 KB · Views: 58
Gigabyte BIOS flashing voltage with CH341A SPI flasher

Hello, I'd like to know how to find out whether to use a 5 volt or a 3.3 volt SPI flasher, for "flashrom," to put on either version F20e version, since both BIOS seems corrupt on the GB Z77 UD3h.

The Gigabyte board has dual bios, however won't post even with new BIOS battery. The 3770K CPU and RAM was tested in another board and it worked.
Once I know voltage should I flash GB F20e bios to the backup or main BIOS?

Thank you

As I see that XHC3 is not enabled (No driver yet for XHC Maple ridge with PID 0x1138), you could try same patching to see what happen (be sure to have Thunderbolt USB enabled on BIOS):

Config.plist > DevicesProperties > New device (+):
Devices : PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Key: device-id
Value: EC150000
Type: DATA

Hopefully I can give the 3 firmwares a shot tonight. Are these the only patches necessary?

I've got AppleVTD enabled.

I've also got AppleThunderboltNHI.kext loading at boot with a Launch Daemon. The EX4 wouldn't come back from sleep with out it. I'll disable it during our test.

Lastly, a question on Device Path--Am I looking for the path at PEG1 or the path at UPSB? IOReg and PCI Devices attached. Just want to get it right!

Update: I'm waiting on some new chips to get in. Mine has been used and abused a little too much and is proving inconsistent. Will check back in when they arrive. In the mean time @Elias64Fr I feel like im missing some patches. Could you help me with a list of patches needed for this firmware?

Attachments

• EX4 PCIe.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

I recently started a new Hackintosh with the great looking motherboard ProArt X570-CREATOR for AMD.

So far the process has been good, the machine works quite well. Video editing softwares such as Premiere, Avid, Davinci work like magic! BT and Wifi are not doing anything but I'm not bothered since I have a Wifi card that can do Airdrop and an Asus BT dongle.

The thing I'm concerned about is my Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug. With no SSDT Big Sur loads the thunderbolt device from cold boot. I have an NVME in a Sabrent tool-free enclosure to test it with. (picture attached). I tried adding the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml from HackinDROM but not with much success.

I'm attaching the PCI devices from hackintool, IO Reg, EFI, DSDT.

In terms of bios settings, there's not much to it. (picture also attached).

@CaseySJ would you be able to advise on this, please?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.24.25.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.24.25.png
    753.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.24.11.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.24.11.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.24.05.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 10.24.05.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 51
  • iMac_Pro.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 46
  • ProArt x570 Creator EFI.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 50
  • pcidevices.plist
    17.6 KB · Views: 38
  • System DSDT_ProArt x570 Creator.aml
    59.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

I recently started a new Hackintosh with the great looking motherboard ProArt X570-CREATOR for AMD.

So far the process has been good, the machine works quite well. Video editing softwares such as Premiere, Avid, Davinci work like magic! BT and Wifi are not doing anything but I'm not bothered since I have a Wifi card that can do Airdrop and an Asus BT dongle.

The thing I'm concerned about is my Thunderbolt 4 Hot Plug. With no SSDT Big Sur loads the thunderbolt device from cold boot. I have an NVME in a Sabrent tool-free enclosure to test it with. (picture attached). I tried adding the SSDT-ASUS-Z490-PRO-ART-CREATOR-TB3-V3.aml from HackinDROM but not with much success.

I'm attaching the PCI devices from hackintool, IO Reg, EFI, DSDT.

In terms of bios settings, there's not much to it. (picture also attached).

@CaseySJ would you be able to advise on this, please?

Thanks!
@InsomnIaHackintosh,

The Asus X570S ProArt Creator looks like an awesome board. I was tempted to buy one myself. @jjsenecal has the Asus X570S Crosshair VIII Extreme, but he's waiting for some parts to arrive before attempting to hack it.

Nevertheless, it's good to know you were able to install macOS on this board. Some questions:
  • Does sleep/wake work?
  • Have you attempted a USB port map?
Attached is a Thunderbolt hot-plug SSDT. Please give it a try as follows:
  • Download and copy both files to EFI/OC/ACPI folder
  • Create entries for them in config.plist --> ACPI section
  • Reboot
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and check the GPP1.BYUP.BYD2 section as shown below. Please post screenshot (do not use 'search' field in IORegistryExplorer because it will collapse the device tree).
  • Also check if hot plug works.
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 8.54.20 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 64
  • SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-ASUS-X570-PROART-CREATOR.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 46
Hi @ori69

I have patched another one from OriginalFirmware-Z590iTH4-test01.bin file. I have included on firmware Titan Ridge device-id spoofing for NHI0, UPSB, DSBx and XHC. If you have some times, you could try it.

With this firmware, you don't need to enable two thunderbolt patching on OpenCore.
Zrzut ekranu 2021-10-15 o 12.24.19.png

I have to turn it off?

Attachments

• Test’s iMac rom test01_01 EB150000.ioreg
    10.8 MB · Views: 39
Thanks, virtual is a good idea I hadn't even thought about. Years ago I had Parallels Desktop to run Windows and I'd forgotten it can also run a virtual mac OS as well.
Just a follow-up to this: apparently on my new Hack, Parallels Desktop 17 can't run virtual Mojave any better than my z590 can natively. I downloaded a Parallels trial as well as a fresh Mojave install app from the App Store, but Parallels couldn't create the .pvm and just bombed-out with a non-specific "Operation Failed" error. I even tried creating the Movaje .pvm on a real iMacPro (which was successful), then packaging it up for transport to my Hack. But once again, when transferred, that same .pvm failed on launch.

Somewhere on here someone mentioned that @CaseySJ hadn't had any success getting Mojave to load (I think that was on a z490, but am not sure), but now I've tried fresh installs with an OC 0.7.4 USB installer and now Parallels, neither worked, and so I'm thinking Mojave has officially bit the dust on newer mobos?

@InsomnIaHackintosh,

The Asus X570S ProArt Creator looks like an awesome board. I was tempted to buy one myself. @jjsenecal has the Asus X570S Crosshair VIII Extreme, but he's waiting for some parts to arrive before attempting to hack it.

Nevertheless, it's good to know you were able to install macOS on this board. Some questions:
  • Does sleep/wake work?
  • Have you attempted a USB port map?
Attached is a Thunderbolt hot-plug SSDT. Please give it a try as follows:
  • Download and copy both files to EFI/OC/ACPI folder
  • Create entries for them in config.plist --> ACPI section
  • Reboot
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and check the GPP1.BYUP.BYD2 section as shown below. Please post screenshot (do not use 'search' field in IORegistryExplorer because it will collapse the device tree).
  • Also check if hot plug works.
View attachment 531429
Hi @CaseySJ thanks for such a prompt response. Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick allowing TB hot-swap by adding the two SSDT's in the ACPI.

I've attached a boot log, print screen and a full IOreg in case something might have changed there and I didn't spot it.

Regarding your questions:
1 It does come back from sleep with no problems.
2. USB mapping, haven't given it a go yet... Planning on finishing this later.

The machine feels pretty solid so far giving the few small things it can be improved such as the bt, wireless, USB mapping and the TB Hot-swap mainly. So I would definitely recommend buying it.

Any thoughts looking at the bootlog and IOReg?

Thanks!

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    260.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 21.00.56.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 21.00.56.png
    226 KB · Views: 42

I've attached a boot log, print screen and a full IOreg in case something might have changed there and I didn't spot it.
The new SSDTs were activated properly. Full IOReg file is missing, but it's not necessary at this time. Some questions:
  • Do Thunderbolt devices work when they are connected before booting macOS?
  • Please try the new SSDT attached below. Same name, so it's just a drop-in replacement.
  • Reboot required.

Regarding your questions:
1 It does come back from sleep with no problems.
2. USB mapping, haven't given it a go yet... Planning on finishing this later.
Good to know. If sleep is working, I wonder if it's necessary to map USB ports...

The machine feels pretty solid so far giving the few small things it can be improved such as the bt, wireless, USB mapping and the TB Hot-swap mainly. So I would definitely recommend buying it.
It certainly sounds like a good choice!

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-ASUS-X570-PROART-CREATOR.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 49
The new SSDTs were activated properly. Full IOReg file is missing, but it's not necessary at this time. Some questions:
  • Do Thunderbolt devices work when they are connected before booting macOS?
  • Please try the new SSDT attached below. Same name, so it's just a drop-in replacement.
  • Reboot required.

Good to know. If sleep is working, I wonder if it's necessary to map USB ports...

It certainly sounds like a good choice!
Thanks for the second file!

Ok, there is definitely good signs of this TB being recognised that was not there before... See the pictures attached. However, despite the Sabrent Enclosure appearing the drive doesn't load at all for some reason.

I also have a TB 3 CalDigit dock that should pop on but there is no sign of it when trying to hotplug it. It does appear under the device tree there when cold booting but is not working. Also, the ethernet no longer works now. I think these ports are somehow linked with the TB chip.

Sorry about forgetting to attach the full IOreg in the previous post.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 22.03.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 22.03.43.png
    389.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IOReg2.ioreg
    13.2 MB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 21.57.11.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 21.57.11.png
    481.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 21.56.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 21.56.13.png
    464.4 KB · Views: 83