Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Also valid for Monterey and Ventura.
Hardware: Z390 Aorus Elite + i9-9900K + RX 6600 XT + Fenvi T919.
Original post: [GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura on Z390 Aorus Elite with RX 6600 and OpenCore 0.8.6.

There are 4 config.plist files for different SMBIOS, successfully tested on Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma beta:
  • config-14-imac-amd.plist: iMac19,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU enabled in BIOS
  • config-14-imac-intel.plist: iMac19,1 + iGPU enabled in BIOS as main card
  • config-14-imacpro.plist: iMacPro1,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS
  • config-14-macpro.plist: MacPro7,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS.
Remember to fill in your serial and ROM numbers.

Note: UTBMap.kext (next to USBToolBox.kext) is made for Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite. If you have a different motherboard, you must have your own USB ports map.

Sonoma beta notes
  • OTA updates (incremental updates from Software Update) don't work (the update doesn't even show up in the Software Update panel) except with iMac19,1 SMBIOS, probably related to Hackintosh missing Apple T2 chip since iMac19,1 lacks T2 chip but iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 both have T2 chip.
  • If you use iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, there is another possibility to have incremental updates without changing the SMBIOS: add RestrictEvents extension and revpatch=sbvmm argument in boot args.
  • Both changes (SMBIOS and RestrictEvents with boot arg) can be reverted after the update.
  • Updating via the full installer package works with any of the 3 SMBIOS.
  • Broadcom BCM4360 series Wi-Fi does not work in Sonoma because the system does not include the drivers. Therefore, the Fenvi T919 card, which has worked very well OOTB so far, in Sonoma only provides Bluetooth. This is a serious inconvenience because the different USB wifi dongles that work in Sonoma lose some of the functionality of the Apple ecosystem like AirDrop, iPhone camera, etc.
Otherwise, Sonoma beta works fine on this PC, with few and minor bugs detected so far.

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.4.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 552
Last edited:
Original post: [GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura on Z390 Aorus Elite with RX 6600 and OpenCore 0.8.6.

There are 4 config.plist files for different SMBIOS, successfully tested on Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma beta:

Note: UTBMap.kext (next to USBToolBox.kext) is made for Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite. If you have a different motherboard, you must have your own USB ports map.

Sonoma beta notes
  • OTA updates (incremental updates from Software Update) don't work except with iMac19,1 SMBIOS, probably related to Hackintosh missing Apple T2 chip since iMac19,1 lacks T2 chip but iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 both have T2 chip.
  • Broadcom BCM4360 series Wi-Fi does not work in Sonoma because the system does not include the drivers. Therefore, the Fenvi T919 card, which has worked very well OOTB so far, in Sonoma only provides Bluetooth. This is a serious inconvenience because the different USB wifi dongles that work in Sonoma lose some of the functionality of the Apple ecosystem like AirDrop, iPhone camera, etc.
Otherwise, Sonoma beta works fine on this PC, with few and minor bugs detected so far.
There are 4 SSDT in ACPI folder. Did you use SSDTTime to make it? Because I tried to make SSDT for my motherboard. But It gave me complete different name of SSDT.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-19 161114.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 161114.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2023-07-19 161142.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 161142.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 84

Sonoma beta notes
  • OTA updates (incremental updates from Software Update) don't work (the update doesn't even show up in the Software Update panel) except with iMac19,1 SMBIOS, probably related to Hackintosh missing Apple T2 chip since iMac19,1 lacks T2 chip but iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 both have T2 chip.
  • If you use iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, there is another possibility to have incremental updates without changing the SMBIOS: add RestrictEvents extension and revpatch=sbvmm argument in boot args.
  • Both changes (SMBIOS and RestrictEvents with boot arg) can be reverted after the update.
Question, can the boot argument revpatch=sbvmm be inserted and left there? Do you recommend reverting it?

Question, can the boot argument revpatch=sbvmm be inserted and left there? Do you recommend reverting it?
There are users working all time with the boot arg. I think that it doesn't harm anything. But I prefer disabling RestrictEvents after successful update.

My specs is the same your. But if I can wake up it by keyboard. When I shutdown I can use the keyboard for start it like power button. If i turn off resume by usb in bios. I only wakeup it by power button. So how about your? Can you wake up it by keyboard?
My specs: MSI Z390, I7-8700, RX6600, FENVI T919. WD 750.

My specs is the same your. But if I can wake up it by keyboard. When I shutdown I can use the keyboard for start it like power button. If i turn off resume by usb in bios. I only wakeup it by power button. So how about your? Can you wake up it by keyboard?
My specs: MSI Z390, I7-8700, RX6600, FENVI T919. WD 750.
you want to make sure you have done this correctly:

@tngous
Yes, I can. Check these settings:

1. DeviceProperties (pretty sure you have this so)
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>acpi-wake-type</key>
                <data>AQ==</data>
                <key>acpi-wake-gpe</key>
                <data>bQ==</data>
            </dict>

2. Try this command in Terminal and reboot
Code:
sudo pmset autopoweroff 1;sudo pmset autorestart 0;sudo pmset hibernatemode 0;sudo pmset powernap 0;sudo pmset proximitywake 0;sudo pmset standby 0;sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 1;sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0;sudo pmset womp 0;defaults write com.apple.loginwindow PowerButtonSleepsSystem -bool no

you want to make sure you have done this correctly:
i did mapped on windows and on hackintosh by hackintool. both kext the same issue with wakeup by keyboard

@tngous
Yes, I can. Check these settings:

1. DeviceProperties (pretty sure you have this so)
Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>acpi-wake-type</key>
                <data>AQ==</data>
                <key>acpi-wake-gpe</key>
                <data>bQ==</data>
            </dict>

2. Try this command in Terminal and reboot
Code:
sudo pmset autopoweroff 1;sudo pmset autorestart 0;sudo pmset hibernatemode 0;sudo pmset powernap 0;sudo pmset proximitywake 0;sudo pmset standby 0;sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 1;sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0;sudo pmset womp 0;defaults write com.apple.loginwindow PowerButtonSleepsSystem -bool no
Did you turn off all (wakeup) resume by usb + lan + keyboard +... in your bios?

Back