Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11.26.31 AM.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11.21.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11.21.51 AM.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11.21.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 11.21.08 AM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 7
and it fails with KP and here is the URL I'm also attaching few screenshots from the video if it helps..

Okay. To go back a bit ...

You said you used the Software update utility in Big Sur. What is that? The Mac App Store or a Terminal command? Or something else?

How big is the installer package?

Post a copy of your current EFI folder, just remove the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID entries from your config.plist before posting a copy here.

The first image from the video shows an issue with an SSDT. With the RP05.PXSX device being duplicated. The rest of the video is too fast and blurred to make anything out.

Post a copy of your current EFI folder, just remove the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID entries from your config.plist before posting a copy here.

The first image from the video shows an issue with an SSDT. With the RP05.PXSX device being duplicated. The rest of the video is too fast and blurred to make anything out.
Attached my current EFI.
You can view the video in slower speed by changing the "Play back Speed" of the video under video "Setting"
Okay. To go back a bit ...

You said you used the Software update utility in Big Sur. What is that? The Mac App Store or a Terminal command? Or something else?

How big is the installer package?
Installer is from macOS "Software Update" Installer is 12.95G in size.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 11
Big Sur was installed using a different (may be custom) set of kexts and after that, I've cleaned up to use standard kexts and using the current EFI to install. Could that be the reason for duplicate RP05.PXSX?

Big Sur was installed using a different (may be custom) set of kexts and after that, I've cleaned up to use standard kexts and using the current EFI to install. Could that be the reason for duplicate RP05.PXSX?

Not sure what you mean by "... use standard kexts". What other types of kext were you using before?

You have 2x ethernet controoler drivers added - Atheros and Intel. I'm guessing the Killer Ethernet E2500 is Atheros? So no need for another conflicting driver kext. Might do no harm but worth considering.

Also, spot the typo in the DeviceProperties section related to iGPU:

igpu.png

Finally, no work done on the USB kext except to disable it? (See my previous post). This potentially leaves you with just 14x USB2 ports and that unnecessary USR port.

Not sure what you mean by "... use standard kexts". What other types of kext were you using before?
Oopsie.. I meant to say amls, not kexts. The BigSur was installed with SSDT-GPRW.aml and SSDT-PR00.aml. Now I'm using SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml, SSDT-PMC.aml, SSDT-AWAC.aml and SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml - based on OC documentation.
You have 2x ethernet controoler drivers added - Atheros and Intel. I'm guessing the Killer Ethernet E2500 is Atheros? So no need for another conflicting driver kext. Might do no harm but worth considering.
My board user Killer Ethernet E2500 and thats Atheros. Including IntelMausi, is my mistake.. I'll remove it completely.
Also, spot the typo in the DeviceProperties section related to iGPU:

View attachment 575407
I fixed the AAPL,ig-platform-id. It's external.
Finally, no work done on the USB kext except to disable it? (See my previous post). This potentially leaves you with just 14x USB2 ports and that unnecessary USR port.
Yes, I didn't work on USBMap yet.. Is corpnewt's USBMap the right one to follow?

Yes, I didn't work on USBMap yet.. Is corpnewt's USBMap the right one to follow?
no, use this one:

no, use this one:
UDB, FT,
Rebuilt the USBPorts. I couldn't identify the USB3.1 or USB-C ports, as I don't have any of those storage devices. Attached are my EFI, Screenshots booting to BigSur. I see many error regarding ACPI errors, unable to initialize PXSX, _INJ; Error in Lili, VirtualSMC etc.
Here is the video of verbose.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.38.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.38.08 PM.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.35.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.35.09 PM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.34.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.34.10 PM.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.39.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.39.08 PM.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
UDB, FT,
Rebuilt the USBPorts. I couldn't identify the USB3.1 or USB-C ports, as I don't have any of those storage devices. Attached are my EFI, Screenshots booting to BigSur. I see many error regarding ACPI errors, unable to initialize PXSX, _INJ; Error in Lili, VirtualSMC etc.
Here is the video of verbose.

Well here are a couple of ideas for you:

1) The iGPU code you are injecting should probably be:

igpu.png

The final verbose lines you have posted show that the GPU/iGPU support is the point at which things might have gone belly-up.

And my favourite subject ...

2) The USBPorts kext looks quite "healthy" now BUT although I can see the logic of what you have done, it makes sense to allocate an HS port to each SS port. This is because a USB3 physical port can also read USB2 devices. Without a corresponding HS port it will only read USB3 devices.

Also note that the EVGA specs for your motherboard state:

specs.png

So activating 10x USB3 ports is pointless. And again you do not need USR2 defining. It is not a port you can access.

What you should do is map the ports, noting each of the 8x USB3 ones, and also the USB2 ports that you are going to use. 8+4 = 12 etc. so that is the maximum number of usable ports you have. (The Z370 might have 14x USB3 and 10x USB2 but EVGA clearly does not use them all.)

Other than these points, I am unable to pin-point your problem at the present time.

:)

Back