Contribute
Register

Yosemite will not boot!! Not even with USB! Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H97-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790
Graphics
Onboard graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I'm a first time builder and I've gotten my hackintosh up and running before but then something happened and now I can't get Yosemite to boot no matter what I do!

My build, Intel Core i7-4790
Gigabyte H97-D3H motherboard
Corsair Vengeance DR3 ram (2x8 GB)

What I've tried:
*I've used Unibeast for my USB drive and then Multibeast and do not plan on changing to clover or another bootloader as I'm a beginner.*
- I have went through and re-partitioned my 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD probably 15 times now trying different things.
- So, when I go and load up the first time (before using Multibeast) it boots up perfectly fine, with the USB in, obviously. So, after going through the initial process of signing up for Yosemite, I use Multibeast and I have tried using EasyBeast, and DSDT Free. DSDT Free has been the only way that I've ever got it to come back on and boot up with. But before booting on, I have a 4k drive which I have to go into terminal to put in the command. Please not that I have to type in PCIRootUID=1 when booting every time. After all of this, I get nothing, every single time except as black screen, and a restart of my machine. This is very, very frustrating and so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello, I'm a first time builder and I've gotten my hackintosh up and running before but then something happened and now I can't get Yosemite to boot no matter what I do!

My build, Intel Core i7-4790
Gigabyte H97-D3H motherboard
Corsair Vengeance DR3 ram (2x8 GB)

What I've tried:
*I've used Unibeast for my USB drive and then Multibeast and do not plan on changing to clover or another bootloader as I'm a beginner.*
- I have went through and re-partitioned my 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD probably 15 times now trying different things.
- So, when I go and load up the first time (before using Multibeast) it boots up perfectly fine, with the USB in, obviously. So, after going through the initial process of signing up for Yosemite, I use Multibeast and I have tried using EasyBeast, and DSDT Free. DSDT Free has been the only way that I've ever got it to come back on and boot up with. But before booting on, I have a 4k drive which I have to go into terminal to put in the command. Please not that I have to type in PCIRootUID=1 when booting every time. After all of this, I get nothing, every single time except as black screen, and a restart of my machine. This is very, very frustrating and so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Are you using Intel graphics? Nvidia? have you tried a different drive? try booting -v , have you tried booting into safe mode? -x

Are you using Intel graphics? Nvidia? have you tried a different drive? try booting -v , have you tried booting into safe mode? -x
Thank you for the quick response! I am using the onboard graphics. I have tried using both -v and -x together, and separately along with PCIRootUID=1 but to no avail. The only other difference that they make when I use them is that my Hackintosh acts like it's going to boot and goes through the boot screen for about 30- 45 seconds and then it goes to a black/blank screen with a gray line in the top left-hand corner. I sadly do not have any other drives that I could use, and neither do I plan on buying another drive.

Thank you for the quick response! I am using the onboard graphics. I have tried using both -v and -x together, and separately along with PCIRootUID=1 but to no avail. The only other difference that they make when I use them is that my Hackintosh acts like it's going to boot and goes through the boot screen for about 30- 45 seconds and then it goes to a black/blank screen with a gray line in the top left-hand corner. I sadly do not have any other drives that I could use, and neither do I plan on buying another drive.

what is your Multibeast settings? have you double checked your Bios setting? try booting with this flag memmax=4096 dart=0 -no-zp -f -v

what is your Multibeast settings?
look on this previous post on #3 there is a picture of my settings: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...verything-but-boot0-error-doesnt-go-away.html

have you double checked your Bios setting?
Yes. Also in the thread of what my settings are.

try booting with this flag memmax=4096 dart=0 -no-zp -f -v
This didn't work :/ just goes to the same black/blank screen with a gray line in the top left hand corner.

I also just wanted to say again, thanks for the response!

When you setup Multibeast, make sure that TRIM support is disabled. I ran into the same issue and when I removed this the boot was fine and did not hang like you are describing. I had to use a third party TRIM enabler in order to get it to work.

Fid...

When you setup Multibeast, make sure that TRIM support is disabled. I ran into the same issue and when I removed this the boot was fine and did not hang like you are describing. I had to use a third party TRIM enabler in order to get it to work.
Thank you for your reply! I haven't ever enabled the TRIM and so I didn't have to disable it anyways and so I tried enabling it to see if that did anything, and still the annoying black screen with some words this time saying something about booting up but with the gray line on the screen along with that still:problem:. If you've got any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it if you helped and would be more than happy to try it out!! Thank you!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back