Graphics
Club 3d R9 280 3gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
(SOLVED) Yosemite no signal after boot (R9 280)

Hello

Today I decided to get back into hackingtoshing :p
I chose to install yosemite using unibeast.
So I installed vmware with os x 10.8 to make my unibeast usb drive.
everything went smooth and successful until I booted with the unibeast usb.

at about 1/3 off the loading bar at the apple screen I got a no signal (like when you disconnect the cable from the monitor to gpu)
So I removed my gpu and used onboard graphics. that went good and I installed yosemite successfully.
after that I used multibeast to install additional drivers and rebooted without problems.
then I installed my gpu back in my pc hoping maybe now it will work, after using the bootloader from multibeast I got some weird text like this (#$@>032<6^%@)

I tried to set Init Display First to IGFX and internal graphics to disabled in my bios but that didn't work (a forum suggested that)

I also tried the flags: GraphicsEnabled=No, GraphicsEnabled=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 and NPCI=0x2000
I only needed PCIRootUID=1 to boot, but the rest didn't do anything

I tried this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html
This solved the weird text problem and takes me to the apple loading screen, but it still gives me the no signal at 1/3 off the loading bar.

I tried to boot with my old gt 210 (witch worked on mountain lion 2 years ago) but still the same problem.

I can only boot by removing my gpu and using onboard graphics.
I don't really know what to do next. If someone could help that would be highly appreciated :)

My specs:
intel i3 3220
Gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h
Club 3d R9 280
2x 2gb 1333 ram
Samsung 500gb hdd

Edit: the problem was my vga cable. I switched to a mini displayport to dvi-D cable and the problem is gone :)

try to boot with -x -v to get more information.

Tried that but I can't really see the errors because my screen goes black and then I get the no signal sign.
So there is no time to see the message where it quits.

But I could see a message that was a couple lines before it goes black.

it says something like: GPU not recognized
or: GPU unknown

and this message comes at both the gt 210 and R9 280

Also I need to type those flags from my unibeast usb. because when I boot from the hdd, my screen goes instantly to the apple logo loading screen.

But when I boot with internal graphics I get a option to pres a key to choose how i want to boot etc...

Tried that but I can't really see the errors because my screen goes black and then I get the no signal sign.
So there is no time to see the message where it quits.

But I could see a message that was a couple lines before it goes black.

it says something like: GPU not recognized
or: GPU unknown

and this message comes at both the gt 210 and R9 280

and whats about -v dart=0 nv_disable=1?

I found a way to use flags from my hdd instead off the unibeast drive.
When I boot I just repeatedly tap a letter and it wil go to the bootloader list.

-v dart=0 nv_disable=1 didn't work

But I tried -v -x from the hdd bootloader and I managed to take a picture off the last message.

Attachments

• 20150115_205140.jpg
    20150115_205140.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 686
I have no idea what to do next... try to add -f flag for boot without using the Kernel Cache.

I have no idea what to do next... try to add -f flag for boot without using the Kernel Cache.

Allready tried that but still no luck...

Anyone else that can help?

So I removed my gpu and used onboard graphics. that went good and I installed yosemite successfully.

I think that problem is in your R9 280.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back