Contribute
Register

Yosemite install frozen loading Gray Apple Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have checked for an EIST recently to disable it, and I did not find one in the bios. (Will check again)

As for the system definition, does MacPro 4,1 (Apple Mac Pro "Quad Core" 3.33 (2009/Nehalem) Specs) sound like the proper definition? Just going by the processor.... mine is Intel Core i5 4690 (Quad Core)

Will make all the other recommended changes and get back to you.

Thanks for helping! WDB

Have checked for an EIST recently to disable it, and I did not find one in the bios. (Will check again)

As for the system definition, does MacPro 4,1 (Apple Mac Pro "Quad Core" 3.33 (2009/Nehalem) Specs) sound like the proper definition? Just going by the processor.... mine is Intel Core i5 4690 (Quad Core)

Will make all the other recommended changes and get back to you.

Thanks for helping! WDB

Which is your processor?? Your profile is showing it as i5-4590 and as per your above post it is i5-4690.

For i5-4590 & i5-4690, as per everymac.com the appropriate system definition is iMac15,1

As shown in the profile, the correct CPU is the i5-4590.... Sorry my error.

So, the appropriate definition is: system definition is iMac15,1 ?

Thank you. WDB

As shown in the profile, the correct CPU is the i5-4590.... Sorry my error.

So, the appropriate definition is: system definition is iMac15,1 ?

Thank you. WDB

Most probably iMac15,1 will work for you.

Jithin, Decided to install Mavericks instead of Yosemite. Seemed to install without much trouble. Ran MultiBeast with the following Configuation. (See screenshot) On first reboot after MultiBeast install, in verbose mode, computer gets to the end of the loading files and immediately shuts down.

Couldn't use 15.1 definition in MultiBeast for Mavericks as we had discussed earlier, for Yosemite. So, tried 14,2 because one of the MacBookPros had the same i-5 4590 CPU. What should I have used for system definition. And, do you have any other recommendations for my MultiBeast set up? Is the Chimera bootloader correct for my dual boot Win 8.1 & OS X Mavericks setup, or should I have use Chamellion?

Hope you can help me, since I changed my install to Mavericks. Thanks for all your help! WDB

Attachments

• IMG_20150719_124133450[1].jpg
    IMG_20150719_124133450[1].jpg
    977.3 KB · Views: 119
Jithin, Decided to install Mavericks instead of Yosemite. Seemed to install without much trouble. Ran MultiBeast with the following Configuation. (See screenshot) On first reboot after MultiBeast install, in verbose mode, computer gets to the end of the loading files and immediately shuts down.

Shutdown or display going black???

Couldn't use 15.1 definition in MultiBeast for Mavericks as we had discussed earlier, for Yosemite. So, tried 14,2 because one of the MacBookPros had the same i-5 4590 CPU. What should I have used for system definition. And, do you have any other recommendations for my MultiBeast set up? Is the Chimera bootloader correct for my dual boot Win 8.1 & OS X Mavericks setup, or should I have use Chamellion?

Stay with iMac14,1 or iMac14,2

Chimera is fine for dual boot.

Computer starts to go through the boot sequence. There is a brief view of the white Apple Screen, then,
immediate restart. No black screen. WDB

Computer starts to go through the boot sequence. There is a brief view of the white Apple Screen, then,
immediate restart. No black screen. WDB

Immediate restart?? Was working fine after installation Right???

Yes, seemed to be working fine, right after the install. But, after the MultiBeast restart, it started the boot process...... then, the brief appearance of the white Apple logo screen........then, immediate shut down and beginning the same process with restart. :crazy: WDB.

Yes, seemed to be working fine, right after the install. But, after the MultiBeast restart, it started the boot process...... then, the brief appearance of the white Apple logo screen........then, immediate shut down and beginning the same process with restart. :crazy: WDB.

Try booting without caches using flag -f.

Also it is better to open a thread under Mavericks Desktop Support as you are facing issue with Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back