Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First build with Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3, i5-Haswell 4590 CPU, using onboard graphics, ADATA 8GB of DDR3 1600 memory (2x4GB), WD 1TB HDD, Dual boot Win 8.1/MAC OS X Yosemite, HP dvd1265i optical drive, MAC compatible Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Have carefully followed instructions for Dual Boot. Windows 8.1 installed. Trying to load Yosemite 10.2 via USB Drive. Starts to open Apple gray loading screen, but freezes. Have read other posts with similar problem, & attempted many BIOS settings to no avail. Can someone tell me what I have missed here. I had Snow Leopard fully installed & working fairly well 10.6.8 Downloaded Yosemite and now I'm stuck. I'm certain that someone out there has the answer that I'm trying to find. Thanks to all who may be able help to this senior, who loves computers & wants to use the MAC OS X

Update your hardware details under Profile (Upper Right Side Of This Web Site)==> Basic Information Section in the below format. Because without knowing your hardware details no one can suggest any solution for your issues and also it is one of the mandatory rule of this forum.

System : Motherboard + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-EP43T-USB3 (Chameleon)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8400
Graphics : ZOTAC GeForce 240GT

First build with Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3, i5-Haswell 4590 CPU, using onboard graphics, ADATA 8GB of DDR3 1600 memory (2x4GB), WD 1TB HDD, Dual boot Win 8.1/MAC OS X Yosemite, HP dvd1265i optical drive, MAC compatible Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Have carefully followed instructions for Dual Boot. Windows 8.1 installed. Trying to load Yosemite 10.2 via USB Drive. Starts to open Apple gray loading screen, but freezes. Have read other posts with similar problem, & attempted many BIOS settings to no avail. Can someone tell me what I have missed here. I had Snow Leopard fully installed & working fairly well 10.6.8 Downloaded Yosemite and now I'm stuck. I'm certain that someone out there has the answer that I'm trying to find. Thanks to all who may be able help to this senior, who loves computers & wants to use the MAC OS X

Boot verbose mode and check where you are getting stuck on the booting process. Also post a photo of the entire frozen screen that may help the members to identify your issues.

Jithin...thanks for your help. Updated my hardware profile. ? which bootloader. Using USB2 stick to install OS X Yosemite on dual boot system with Win 8.1 Followed dual boot instructions from TonyMac. Frozen at Gray Apple loading screen. Booted in verbose mode, last line says "load succeeded", waiting for root device. See screenshots :|

Attachments

• IMG_20150315_121625432.jpg
    IMG_20150315_121625432.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20150315_123424652.jpg
    IMG_20150315_123424652.jpg
    973.6 KB · Views: 180
Jithin...thanks for your help. Updated my hardware profile. ? which bootloader. Using USB2 stick to install OS X Yosemite on dual boot system with Win 8.1 Followed dual boot instructions from TonyMac. Frozen at Gray Apple loading screen. Booted in verbose mode, last line says "load succeeded", waiting for root device. See screenshots :|

Are connected your bootable USB to a USB3.0 Port??

If yes, then connect it to a USB 2.0 Port and try booting again.

USB is 2.0 & replaced it into a designated USB 2.0 slot. Reboot and same problem. Tried verbose mode and same result as in previous screenshot. Noted error message 15-17 lines up from bottom of screenshot...Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBXHCI Failed to load (error 0xdc008016) :confused:

USB is 2.0 & replaced it into a designated USB 2.0 slot. Reboot and same problem. Tried verbose mode and same result as in previous screenshot. Noted error message 15-17 lines up from bottom of screenshot...Kext com.apple.driver.appleUSBXHCI Failed to load (error 0xdc008016) :confused:

Try booting with flags "dart=0 USBBusFix=Yes -f -v"

Tried booting with the flag: dart=0 USBBusFix=Yes -f-v
The slide load indicator got about 25-30% complete. Then, it stopped & I got the little round emblem with a backslash. Tried it several times. No luck.
:problem: See screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_20150315_123252849.jpg
    IMG_20150315_123252849.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 197
Tried booting with the flag: dart=0 USBBusFix=Yes -f-v
The slide load indicator got about 25-30% complete. Then, it stopped & I got the little round emblem with a backslash. Tried it several times. No luck.
:problem: See screenshot

Check in BIOS whether the USB Legacy Support is Enabled or Disabled ?

Checked Bios: Legacy USB Support - Enabled Tried loading in verbose mode and took the following screenshot.:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_20150317_214205360.jpg
    IMG_20150317_214205360.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 158
Checked Bios: Legacy USB Support - Enabled Tried loading in verbose mode and took the following screenshot.:banghead:

Check the below settings on BIOS (Ignore those are not available)

1. Disable Secure Boot
2. Disable Fast Boot
3. Disable CFG-Lock
4. Set OS Type as Other OS
5. Disable VT-D
6. Disable TPM
7. Set SATA Mode as AHCI
8. Disable EIST (Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology)
9. Enable USB Legacy Support
10. Set xHCI mode as AUTO
11. Enable the EHCI Hand-of

Once again check and ensure that you bootable USB is connected to USB2.0 Port. Also try connecting different different ports. Because i checked your Motherboard specs on website and identified that there different types USB ports are available on this board (See pic below)
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 12.49.42 pm.png

Then try booting with "kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 USBBusFix=Yes -v -f npci=0x2000"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back