Contribute
Register

Yosemite install frozen loading Gray Apple Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jithin, Thanks for sticking with me on this build problem. Made all BIOS changes you suggested. Three of recommended changes were not available for change in the BIOS. Tried different USB ports (As you noted, I have some USB2 & some USB3 on my motherboard.) Tried booting with "kext-dev-mode=1 dart-0 USBBusFix=Yes -v -f npci=0x2000" See screenshot. And, unfortunately, nothing has worked. It continues to freeze on the loading screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20150318_212900758.jpg
    IMG_20150318_212900758.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 205
Jithin, Thanks for sticking with me on this build problem. Made all BIOS changes you suggested. Three of recommended changes were not available for change in the BIOS. Tried different USB ports (As you noted, I have some USB2 & some USB3 on my motherboard.) Tried booting with "kext-dev-mode=1 dart-0 USBBusFix=Yes -v -f npci=0x2000" See screenshot. And, unfortunately, nothing has worked. It continues to freeze on the loading screen.

See there is a progress on the booting. Now you are not facing the Still waiting for root device issue.

Now the issue related with graphics. As you are using integrated graphics ensure that the monitor is connected to the DVI/HDMI port.

And try booting with flags "dart=0 -v -f IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No"

Jithin, Changed to the DVI-D video port & BINGO :D, the gray screen quickly loads and I'm at the installation screen for Yosemite. I was using the VGA port, as I had my old computer running on the DVI-D port on my monitor & was switching back & forth between the two inputs. How did you figure out it was on the wrong video input? Now, I have to finish my Yosemite installation. I'll probably need a little more help, as I complete this Dual Boot installation. Thank you so much for all your help!:clap: wdbalazs

Attachments

• IMG_20150319_201437854.jpg
    IMG_20150319_201437854.jpg
    967.5 KB · Views: 78
Jithin, Changed to the DVI-D video port & BINGO :D, the gray screen quickly loads and I'm at the installation screen for Yosemite. I was using the VGA port, as I had my old computer running on the DVI-D port on my monitor & was switching back & forth between the two inputs.

VGA is not supported on Yosemite.

How did you figure out it was on the wrong video input?

After the Bluetoth related message, the next part of the booting is with GUI. So if the booting stuck with that message then most of time it will be the issue of graphics driver/port.

Now, I have to finish my Yosemite installation. I'll probably need a little more help, as I complete this Dual Boot installation. Thank you so much for all your help!:clap: wdbalazs

If you are facing issues, definitely you can back here. I can help you with my limited knowledge. Otherwise another person will help you to clear you issues.

Good Luck...!

Since it seems like your problem was solved, I'm going to borrow the thread :D

Having same exact issue, except I'm not using integrated graphics. Using a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 connected via DisplayPort.

I've tried all of your suggestions. I've tried to connect to the integrated graphics via HDMI but for some reason that is not giving me any display at all.

EDIT: currently installing Yosemite :D Pulled the GPU out and now it's going fine.

Since it seems like your problem was solved, I'm going to borrow the thread :D

Having same exact issue, except I'm not using integrated graphics. Using a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 connected via DisplayPort.

I've tried all of your suggestions. I've tried to connect to the integrated graphics via HDMI but for some reason that is not giving me any display at all.

EDIT: currently installing Yosemite :D Pulled the GPU out and now it's going fine.

You can perform the installation with Graphcis Card too, but you have to boot with flag "nv_disable=1"

If you are facing any issue while installation or post installation then open a new thread.

Jithin, Finally got back to my Descktop Hackintosh project. Finished the install with MultiBeast and on initial reboot of system... screen freezes. Have tried numerous boot flags with no luck. Can you help me? See attached screen shot. Thanks for your help. WDB

Attachments

• IMG_20150712_145305048[1].jpg
    IMG_20150712_145305048[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 106
Jithin, Finally got back to my Descktop Hackintosh project. Finished the install with MultiBeast and on initial reboot of system... screen freezes. Have tried numerous boot flags with no luck. Can you help me? See attached screen shot. Thanks for your help. WDB

The panic is most probably related to BIOS.

Is the BIOS running with latest firmware??

Are you using DSDT/SSDTs ??

For this GA-B85M-HD3/rev.2.0 motherboard, Bios Ver is FF, which is the latest version for the rev.2.0 MB. Bios date is 6-10-14.

I did not use any DSDT or SSDTs. Could not find a DSDT file for this motherboard. Just ran MultiBeast and used EasyBeast. See screenshot for the MultiBeast Configuation.

Also, could you check the screenshots of my Bios configuration? see additional screenshots. Thanks for helping. WDB :think:

Attachments

• IMG_20150713_225122403[1].jpg
    IMG_20150713_225122403[1].jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20150713_222240832[1].jpg
    IMG_20150713_222240832[1].jpg
    872 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20150713_222226178[1].jpg
    IMG_20150713_222226178[1].jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20150713_224847661[1].jpg
    IMG_20150713_224847661[1].jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20150713_224434478[1].jpg
    IMG_20150713_224434478[1].jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 141
For this GA-B85M-HD3/rev.2.0 motherboard, Bios Ver is FF, which is the latest version for the rev.2.0 MB. Bios date is 6-10-14.

I did not use any DSDT or SSDTs. Could not find a DSDT file for this motherboard. Just ran MultiBeast and used EasyBeast. See screenshot for the MultiBeast Configuation.

Also, could you check the screenshots of my Bios configuration? see additional screenshots. Thanks for helping. WDB :think:

Options which can be seen on the screenshots are ok. You check for the EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) option on BIOS and disable it.

EasyBeast is a wrong selection for your hardware configuration.

You may not required AppleACPIPlatformRollback.

As you are not using discrete cards, PCIRootFix is not required.

Instead of MacPro 3,1, choose the appropriate system definition from here : http://www.everymac.com/

Better do a reinstall with Limited/mandatory options required for boot from MultiBeast (i.e., DSDT Free, FakeSMC, Audio, 3rd Party SATA, AppleRTC Patch, Basic Boot Options, Kext Dev Mode, appropriate system definition & theme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back