Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks demonknight9

then, any solution?

z97n wifi has BT built-in but i have problems with yosemite and i don´t know if it is a driver problem or yosemite 10.10.0...

(thanks in advanced)

Someone upthread is trying a different adapter to work with the mini-PCIe slot on the Z/H97N boards:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...capable-bluetooth-adapters-26.html#post922984

You could also go with an AzureWave AW-CE123H and patches following toleda's guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

FWIW, I also don't have the BT working on my H97N under Yosemite.

Just wanted to check in with a success story. I bought the Wi-Fi card and PCIe adapter from the two eBay sellers listed earlier in the thread.

PCIe adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231370068228
Wi-Fi card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191029765954

Things arrived in a little more than two weeks from China (I'm in New Jersey). The sellers put the tracking #'s up on eBay right away, which I followed using the USPS website.

The PCIe adapter came with four long antennas (at least 6" long), and some screws that I couldn't figure out how to use. There are three antennas for the Wi-Fi and one for Bluetooth. Everything was well packed and the shipping labels were laser printed to minimize the chances of it getting lost in the mail.

I plugged everything in, using a 4x PCIe slot on my mobo (Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3). Yosemite recognizes it natively and now I have Handoff and 802.11ac.

OK Thank you. That confirms that it is not the PCIe 4x slot that is my issue... somthing to do with Yosemite or my router!

It's an odd problem... I tried a complete fresh install of Yosemite and still the same issue....
In system profile everything is recognised even the router and ip address and mac address.... but no internet.... and the router does not show a conection in DHCP manager... even when I've reserved an ip address... nothing nada...

Im just praying 10.10.1 is going to fix this issue for me!

Just wanted to check in with a success story. I bought the Wi-Fi card and PCIe adapter from the two eBay sellers listed earlier in the thread.

PCIe adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231370068228
Wi-Fi card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191029765954

Things arrived in a little more than two weeks from China (I'm in New Jersey). The sellers put the tracking #'s up on eBay right away, which I followed using the USPS website.

The PCIe adapter came with four long antennas (at least 6" long), and some screws that I couldn't figure out how to use. There are three antennas for the Wi-Fi and one for Bluetooth. Everything was well packed and the shipping labels were laser printed to minimize the chances of it getting lost in the mail.

I plugged everything in, using a 4x PCIe slot on my mobo (Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3). Yosemite recognizes it natively and now I have Handoff and 802.11ac.

Anyone made any progress on this? I am seriously considering buying the same parts as you did mgldan. I have a couple of questions:

Are this a genuine Braodcom card? Is it what Apple use in their products? Not a cheap fake knockoff?

I take it's as simple as buying the Braodcom Wifi and Bluetooth card, inserting it into the PCIe adapter, connecting the 4 antenna to the appropriate connectors in the Broadcom board and then placing that into the PCIe slot on the motherboard? What about this USB thing I've read about? Can that just plug into a port on the motherboard too?

You say the antennae are pretty long. I have a SilverStone case where the back of the case is actually on the top (Google Silverstone FT02S). There is a cover that goes over the top of the case and hides access to all the back panel stuff. I can imagine the length of these antenna resulting in me not being able to put the cover on.

Are there any kind of cables I can use to bring the antennas away from the care while still obviously being connected?

Any advice appreciated.

Are this a genuine Braodcom card? Is it what Apple use in their products? Not a cheap fake knockoff?

The card has no Apple markings on it, but it does have Broadcom markings on it. I wouldn't know how to tell if it is a fake Broadcom card, but like I said, OS X recognized it without having to install any additional kexts.

I take it's as simple as buying the Braodcom Wifi and Bluetooth card, inserting it into the PCIe adapter, connecting the 4 antenna to the appropriate connectors in the Broadcom board and then placing that into the PCIe slot on the motherboard? What about this USB thing I've read about? Can that just plug into a port on the motherboard too?

Yes to all. I picked a USB 2.0 header that was free.

Are there any kind of cables I can use to bring the antennas away from the care while still obviously being connected?

I mean, maybe. I don't know offhand what connectors these antennas use. Is the door to your case made of metal or plastic? If they were metal, you should probably leave the door off to improve Wi-Fi reception.

Ok full success at last.

eBay uk card. 10.10.1 update.

Carried hack downstairs and stuck it next to the router. It connected instantly!
Took it back upstairs. Moved it away from the wall and into some space. Bingo. Picked up wifi and been good ever since. Thank god for that.

So yes. Handoff, blue tooth, wifi iMessage amd FaceTime and airdrop all working as intended. Happy at last!

Ok full success at last.

eBay uk card. 10.10.1 update.

Carried hack downstairs and stuck it next to the router. It connected instantly!
Took it back upstairs. Moved it away from the wall and into some space. Bingo. Picked up wifi and been good ever since. Thank god for that.

So yes. Handoff, blue tooth, wifi iMessage amd FaceTime and airdrop all working as intended. Happy at last!

I also bought the uk card on ebay. And everything works instantly. But on windows i need a driver for this card. I installed all drivers from bootcamp but it doesn't work. Has anybody an Idea witch kind of driver i have to use?

//edit: Ok now it works. I used the wrong BootCamp Version.

I also bought the uk card on ebay. And everything works instantly. But on windows i need a driver for this card. I installed all drivers from bootcamp but it doesn't work. Has anybody an Idea witch kind of driver i have to use?

//edit: Ok now it works. I used the wrong BootCamp Version.

Actually windows is my next mission. Which boot camp drivers do I need?

Could you post me a link? Thanks.

My now rather elderly system [GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1), NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB, 6GB Memory], runs Yosemite pretty well. I get built in sound, sleep, basically everything except iMessage. I use Chimera as my bootloader, and I've been unsuccessful in installing Clover but haven't sweated it much since everything besides iMessage is doing OK.

My TPLink N900 was providing a good wifi connection, but I thought it would be nice to have bluetooth and handoff. SO I ordered from OS X Wifi: 'Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 with Adapter for PC/Hackintosh.'

The card installed easily in the PCI slot and shows up on my system profile and runs wifi flawlessly. However, the bluetooth mostly doesn't work. I've connected an apple wireless keyboard and wireless trackpad and a plantronics bluetooth earpiece, but they drop quickly and won't reconnect. My bluetooth panel in system preferences gets a spinning beachball and won't turn off bluetooth. If I restart, I can connect to the devices again, but they won't stay connected. Is there some sort of software fix for all this? Has anyone else had this problem?

My now rather elderly system [GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1), NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB, 6GB Memory], runs Yosemite pretty well. I get built in sound, sleep, basically everything except iMessage. I use Chimera as my bootloader, and I've been unsuccessful in installing Clover but haven't sweated it much since everything besides iMessage is doing OK.

My TPLink N900 was providing a good wifi connection, but I thought it would be nice to have bluetooth and handoff. SO I ordered from OS X Wifi: 'Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0 with Adapter for PC/Hackintosh.'

The card installed easily in the PCI slot and shows up on my system profile and runs wifi flawlessly. However, the bluetooth mostly doesn't work. I've connected an apple wireless keyboard and wireless trackpad and a plantronics bluetooth earpiece, but they drop quickly and won't reconnect. My bluetooth panel in system preferences gets a spinning beachball and won't turn off bluetooth. If I restart, I can connect to the devices again, but they won't stay connected. Is there some sort of software fix for all this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Several of my issues were caused by my System Profile and serial number not matching in my symbios. Once I'd changed the model ID to match my serial number various preference panes and graphical glitches went. Try using a different Symbios profile. Careful not to upset iCloud or iMessage settings if important though!

Thanks OVB1-- am not sure how to change my profile to match my serial number, but I seem to have solved my problem by finally taking the time to figure out how to switch my bootloader over to Clover, which I did (rather miraculously) after a few hours of sweating today, including a much needed clean install. Now my bluetooth keyboard and trackpad seem to be working as they should, and they've remained connected. So, the problem was lurking somewhere in my Chimera settings. Fingers crossed that this continues to work as it should!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back