Contribute
Register

Yosemite Handoff-capable Bluetooth adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's about time they fixed it. It's a conflict somewhere within the wifi channels. My wifi and bluetooth work flawlessly. As long as I'm not uploading anything.
Even downloading I do get stuttering mouse but it's rare.
While I'm uploading the mouse and keyboard disconnect because of interference. If I try and connect them again by just clicking a key or the mouse they will connect, but the mouse is unusable.
I finish the upload and everything goes back to normal. I do get great download and upload speeds but the interference with bluetooth spoils it.
Is this what you're talking about or is your wifi bad without you doing anything?

It did seem to be bluetoooth wifi interference. Defo worked better with one or the other off but that's not really an option with trackpad and apple bt keyboard!

It's defo improved with the latest 10.10.2 beta... staying connected and reconnecting after sleep.... still slows down and can be flaky however.....

But the reception is so poor with the antenna close to the case... i have to point them down away from the case and i have to have the case on my desk backwards so the antenna actually face the router and keyboard and track pad? surely with 3 x wifi and 1x bluetooth antenna the reception should be better?

It did seem to be bluetoooth wifi interference. Defo worked better with one or the other off but that's not really an option with trackpad and apple bt keyboard!

It's defo improved with the latest 10.10.2 beta... staying connected and reconnecting after sleep.... still slows down and can be flaky however.....

But the reception is so poor with the antenna close to the case... i have to point them down away from the case and i have to have the case on my desk backwards so the antenna actually face the router and keyboard and track pad? surely with 3 x wifi and 1x bluetooth antenna the reception should be better?

Depending on how far is the router and how many walls it has to go through, I would say that there is an issue with your card. Im 3 rooms away from mine, roughly about 25-30 meters from the router and my connection is 100% I mean, it doesn't waiver from 100%.
I have never had a better connection before. I do have a magic mouse and wireless keyboard I need connected also.
I am connected on wireless N 300mbps. There are about 15 networks around me using N.

This is why I'm saying that there must be a problem with your card. Mine is facing away from the router, on a shelf near the floor against the wall.

Depending on how far is the router and how many walls it has to go through, I would say that there is an issue with your card. Im 3 rooms away from mine, roughly about 25-30 meters from the router and my connection is 100% I mean, it doesn't waiver from 100%.
I have never had a better connection before. I do have a magic mouse and wireless keyboard I need connected also.
I am connected on wireless N 300mbps. There are about 15 networks around me using N.

This is why I'm saying that there must be a problem with your card. Mine is facing away from the router, on a shelf near the floor against the wall.

It does seems flaky.... I've moved my router so its about 5 M away and actually visible via an open door!

In line of sight visible! Seems unlikely that there's a problem with the card? Would it not either just work or be broken? I'm wondering if it's more interference from the case or other components for some reason? Should the card be shielded?

It does seems flaky.... I've moved my router so its about 5 M away and actually visible via an open door!

In line of sight visible! Seems unlikely that there's a problem with the card? Would it not either just work or be broken? I'm wondering if it's more interference from the case or other components for some reason? Should the card be shielded?

Mine isn't. Check all your connections. make sure the card is slotted fully. If nothing changes then your card might be faulty. It's necessary like that. Working or broken. It might have a fault with the antenna connections on the adapter or the card's connection points.

Does this adapter even work with old mobos? I have a Dell XPS 8000 with a limited BIOS and no AHCI.
Is this a problem?

Can someone help?

I bought one of these cards from "justopeshop" on eBay in the UK, and installed it in my Dell XPS 8300 and everything works a treat! Now my Hack is more Mac :) Brilliant!

Just to let any "iDell" owners out there and are unsure. I did find the card a slightly tight fit, but gently wiggly it and it will go in. Might be the PCB of the handoff card is a little thicker then the PCIe standard specs. All the other cards from Sonnet, Intel and Nvidia for example go in a lot more easily.

Thank you for your feedback.
does the card make the Apple Wireless Keybaord work even in Bios and Bootloader?

Thank you for your feedback.
does the card make the Apple Wireless Keybaord work even in Bios and Bootloader?

Hi, I haven't tried that yet, but I have my doubts it will work like that. When I reboot later today, I will give it a try and let you know, but I can't see how it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back