Motherboard
HP Z620
CPU
E2680
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I followed the original guide by DavidHyde18 here and it works just great! HOWEVER! I have one remaining issue to resolve and its driving me insane.

When CPUS=1 flag is entered (either in the Extra .plist or at boot), the sound to my FIREWIRE device works flawlessly, however, to utilise all the CPU cores for daily use as full system performance, CPUS=1 must be removed to activate all the cores.

When the CPUS=1 flag is removed, the FIREWIRE audio sound card drops all sounds and I hear nothing but glitches of sound. Does anyone have a resolution for this? It seems the CPUS=1 flag is doing something to the way audio is being referenced but I cannot find a resolution to this problem.

Any help is very much appreciated.

System Specs:

• GA-X79-UP4
  • Intel Core i7 4820K Quad Core processor 3.70GHz (Shows as XEON E5 processor in 'About this Mac')
  • 16GB Ram
  • Syba 2 Port IEEE 1394A Firewire PCI-Express x1 Card with Shared Internal Header
  • External Firewire device : MOTU 828MK2

Not a Guide - Moved to Yosemite Desktop Support.

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Oops. Newbie mistake. Apologies.

Can anyone help? On board sound is working with MultiBeast 6.1.0

but the FireWire device is still causing issues when the flag 'CPUs=1' is removed.

OK this is really weird the sound works without CPU=1 WHEN .. yeah get this .. when I load the Chess application! No idea why!!!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Ok we've resolved this issue. Thanks to erm... Well, no-one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back