Contribute
Register

Yosemite 10.10.2 Post-Installation Issues (GA-EX58A-UD3R - Rev 2.0 FB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Installation was a breeze. It didn't require any custom boot flags. I did have some issues getting the audio to work, but was able to get that going on the 5th install. I believe this is the MultiBeast configI ended up using:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID: 1
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

I have all three of my monitors hooked up and working properly. I did install the latest Yosemite 10.10.2 NVIDIA Web Drivers. I had a weird issue where I had to switch cables because my one monitor wasn't identifying the input signal. Pretty happy with the results except for 2 issues. 1) My boot loader appears hosed, and 2) I receive a "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." error when attempting to sign in to the App Store.

Issue #1:
When I attempt to boot off of my SSD (using Chimera v4.0.1 installed via MultiBeast) I receive the following Kernel Panic which appears to mention "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly" and then references com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(218.0) in the backtrace:

IMG_20150303_140256.jpg

If I boot off of the USB drive that I installed from, I'm able to boot successfully. I have been selecting the "Boot Ignore Caches" option although I honestly don't recall if that's necessary or not. I just know that it works when I select that option while booting from the USB.

Issue #2:
As mentioned above, I receive an error message stating "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." when attempting to sign in to the App Store. In doing some research I've come to find that this is not an uncommon issue although I'm unsure of how to fix it as all the sources I've found reference earlier versions of OS X or refer to a 3rd-party tools that I'm unable to download successfully.

Some of the posts or articles I've found reference that it may be an issue with the order of my network adapters however I only have one, and it's the on-board "Ethernet Adaptor (en0)". In case it's any help, here is the contents of my NetworkInterfaces.plist:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]<plist version="1.0">[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]<dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        <key>Interfaces</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        <array>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>Active</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <true/>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>BSD Name</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <string>en0</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>IOBuiltin</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <false/>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>IOInterfaceNamePrefix</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <string>en</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>IOInterfaceType</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <integer>6</integer>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <integer>0</integer>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>IOMACAddress</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        HG9lP135[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        </data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>IOPathMatch</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEX4@1C,4/IOPP/ethernet@0/RTL8111/en0</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <key>UserDefinedName</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <string>Ethernet Adaptor (en0)</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        </dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <string>Ethernet</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                </dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        </array>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        <key>Model</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        <string>MacPro3,1</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]</dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]</plist>[/FONT]

If you can help me out with either of these issues, I would greatly appreciate it!

Installation was a breeze. It didn't require any custom boot flags. I did have some issues getting the audio to work, but was able to get that going on the 5th install. I believe this is the MultiBeast configI ended up using:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID: 1
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

I have all three of my monitors hooked up and working properly. I did install the latest Yosemite 10.10.2 NVIDIA Web Drivers. I had a weird issue where I had to switch cables because my one monitor wasn't identifying the input signal. Pretty happy with the results except for 2 issues. 1) My boot loader appears hosed, and 2) I receive a "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." error when attempting to sign in to the App Store.

Issue #1:
When I attempt to boot off of my SSD (using Chimera v4.0.1 installed via MultiBeast) I receive the following Kernel Panic which appears to mention "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly" and then references com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(218.0) in the backtrace:

If I boot off of the USB drive that I installed from, I'm able to boot successfully. I have been selecting the "Boot Ignore Caches" option although I honestly don't recall if that's necessary or not. I just know that it works when I select that option while booting from the USB.

Issue #2:
As mentioned above, I receive an error message stating "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." when attempting to sign in to the App Store. In doing some research I've come to find that this is not an uncommon issue although I'm unsure of how to fix it as all the sources I've found reference earlier versions of OS X or refer to a 3rd-party tools that I'm unable to download successfully.

Some of the posts or articles I've found reference that it may be an issue with the order of my network adapters however I only have one, and it's the on-board "Ethernet Adaptor (en0)". In case it's any help, here is the contents of my NetworkInterfaces.plist:

If you can help me out with either of these issues, I would greatly appreciate it!

Why did you select "Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback"? Have you faced any issue while installation with Yosemite's ACPIPlatform?

Boot with USB and install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext through multibeast to override the KP due to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Your system needs a valid MLB serial number for Log In to Apple.

During my installation attempts I selected the User DSDT for my board and BIOS revision but that resulted in a boot failure (I believe a panic) but I don't have the specific details. If I try that again through MultiBeast is there a way to undo it without starting over and reinstalling?

Yes I was having issues booting and the rollback appeared to fix those issues. I was able to resolve my issue with the App Store by running EFI Studio 1.1 and updating my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. My biggest outstanding issue is the inability to boot from SSD.

When booting from the USB my machine was able to Sleep and Wake up just fine. I did try removing the AppleIntelCPU*.kext files in an attempt to boot without the USB boot loader but that didn't work. I don't believe I successfully installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext file though. It's my understanding that with that I'll be unable to Sleep with that however. Is that correct?

At this point I'm very close to where I want the machine to be. Any modifications at this point make me pretty nervous. If you can recommend any options for backing up my current state or recovering from future changes, that would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back