Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The better solution is to use the Kext above which rehabman had posted, cause when you Update Mac OS you need to do the steps again and again and by updating this can damage your Installation if something went wrong.

The better solution is to use the Kext above which rehabman had posted, cause when you Update Mac OS you need to do the steps again and again and by updating this can damage your Installation if something went wrong.
I know this is probably off-topic but have you had any problem with iTunes crashing randomly (and very frequently) on High Sierra?

Work without any issues.

Look at your clover config plist that you have not ticked "no caches".

Work without any issues.

Look at your clover config plist that you have not ticked "no caches".
Yep that didn't work for me. :( iTunes only crashes when the OS is booted with a valid ig-platform-id. It runs fine with a fake one. I'll have to work on this then...

So here a few questions, which Notebook you are using?

A new Yoga 720 or not? When not it makes no sense to share my clover folder to compare something.
What did you mean exactly with? > valid ig-platform-id. It runs fine with a fake one

I think you should open a new thread for this. Other people with this problem would perhaps be happy to find also solutions :)

So here a few questions, which Notebook you are using?

A new Yoga 720 or not? When not it makes no sense to share my clover folder to compare something.
What did you mean exactly with? > valid ig-platform-id. It runs fine with a fake one

I think you should open a new thread for this. Other people with this problem would perhaps be happy to find also solutions :)
No I'm not running Yoga at all. My laptop's Dell Precision 5510 with Skylake.

That means if I boot with 0x191b0000 (as opposed to a fake one like 0x12345678), iTunes works fine.

And yes I was just thinking about it. I think this has something to do with graphics.

No I'm not running Yoga at all. My laptop's Dell Precision 5510 with Skylake.

Off-topic. This thread is for Lenovo Yoga 720, not Dell.

wow. great you got all this running. would you do a guide for the 720-15
that would be awesome!

I'll do it in future, when I have time for it, but my english is not the best.
It would be great if someone would take a look if usb-c could be patchable for hot plugging.

Also for users which have the yoga 720 13-ikb which only have usb-c

Hello friends, I have a notebook a little older. It is a core i5 M480 with integrated intel graphics. I created the bootdrive and everything according to the tips, but I did not find a graphical "config" compatible, because when the boot is distorted (everything big the 800x600). Even then I try to follow, but after the selection of MAC OS SIERRA installation the same hangs and does nothing else.

I have the following configuration:

Mobo: Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Family PCI Express
Grafic: Intel(R) HD Graphics (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_51251558&REV_18)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz
Mem: 6GB
HD: SSD 240GB KINGSTON SUV400S37240G
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
LAN: Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back